Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jolie Blonde

Does anyone think that a builder could duplicate this box in the link,(with thier own name of course)? What kind of wood is it? Are the metal buttons still available, seems like I read on here that they were getting scarce.

Re: Jolie Blonde

Sambeaux, the metal buttons look like the ones on my Acadian.
For the wood texture, could it be a piece of Maple that had more lines in it?
Nice box... I love the name too.
Maz

Dear Sambeaux!,

Oh, sweet little Lordy of the world !

Crafts People rejoice!

I can't believe it : 2 different ones in 2 days, with glorious "MITTERS" nonetheless.

Dana and Dwight, please join me in celebrating .

I can't take it, yes of course , I can .

Now, if only Marc.Savoy, Jr. Martin and Larry , ooops, Jay Miller would join the ranks, the louisiana Craft Guild Collective could rest much easier.

Allons, mes enfants,do not avert your eyes, aren't these Mitters mesmerizing in their splendor!.

HOOOOOO BABY!!!!!!!!, Yes Siree.

I have calmed down.

Now,very seriously Sambeaux, the 3 afored mentionned builders, DO NOT DO MITTERS PERIOD!!!!!!!.

Please check, with Elton Doucet, John Rogers, Falcon,
June Moreau and a few others who seems to push the enveloppe a bit further and have a delicious sense of traditions.

And make sure that the 4 frames that is the 2 bellows frames and the treble buttons and the bass buttons frames are mittered as well, just like the accordion you want to duplicate.

After all you don't want to see the cross grain of the wood showing under the decorative metal corners, and I garantie you , that you will see
it,unless of course , the corners are wide enough to cover the builder's faux pas, BUT then again you'll see the offending sight repeated 8 times on both end plates corners , oh my!!!!!

the mitters wont cost you more, and it shouldn't.

Please, keep teasing me, I love it.

Krazzy Kannuck.

I think that's maple with a clear stain. It's a beauty.

Metal buttons are almost impossible to come by now. The company that made them recently went bankrupt, and their stock was seized.

I found a Quebec luthier that makes his own, but they're a little too small in my opinion. If you order a box from Falcon, you might be able to get some, though his are priced a little high.

Good luck

Nick B

The wood is maple. It could be the lighting, but the finish looks like a base coat of orange shellac. Looks a little warmer than a basic clear finish. As far as the metal buttons, it seems that for now, it could go back to the way it was before the stainless steel buttons - plated copper, and just a little bigger than the SS buttons. But yeah, she pretty!
Steve

I've done several "blond" accordions. This one is much like one I've done in the past, curly maple frames, keyboard, and bass box with quilted maple face plates. No stain, just a clear finish. The maple will naturally "yellow" over time .

Jude

Here's my semi-Jolie Blon with metal buttons crafted by Greg Mouton ~ Shine's nephew. It's a Bb.

Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

Gulp!!!!! ,

Wow, Joanie,que ce passe t'il, ais je une vision?.

3 mittered corners accordions in 2 days.
Early Christmas.

Mittered delights,Luthiers jewels, little christmas presents, charming and oh so alluring, wouldn't you agree with uncle Krazzy from the white North, eh? .

I could craddle these little urchins, to death.

Your'e so lucky.Joanie.

Now if only S & M ( no puns intended)and the new kid on the block would follow suit, well dream on old Krazy, they're too busy making money, I guess the old pursuit for excellence and tradition,has never been a factor for them, oh well.

Thanks much, Joanie, you made an old craftsman happy.

God bless.

old Krazzy.

PS: Please keep them coming .

That's a beautiful cut of curly maple and a gorgeous box !

here's my Martin interracial accordion (Black and Blonde)

Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

hmmmm [img] tags not workin?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!