Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: sheng

Chad,

Didn't bring my accordions. I already was overloaded. And for only a month with a lot of work to do (guest lecturer) I decided to leave my precious instruments at home. Funny thing is that in the trad music you can find some very interesting things. Chinese trad banjolike) players have a frettless instrument (like the old minstrel's) and use techniques which could easily mix with american styles.
The other instrument I wrote about had this "bending the notes. Flute and 'traverso' had some Irish 'air' and a beasutiful sound (but I missed the jig and reel part in their set .)Hope to go travelling next two weekends. There is a Unesco nature reserve which has AAAA status, whatever this may be (like grand canyon or LA swamps? )Cities are like everywhere I think. Very Big, noisy and dirty, Wall Mart, MacD, PizzaH, with lots of smog, especially in autumn. But a lot of very small enterprises, too.

Gus

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!