Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Larry Miller is passing it on to Jay

I must say Claude that I find you to be ill-mannered and insulting. Mr. Larry Miller is a fine accordion maker who has been devoted to his craft for many years.

It never ceases to amaze me that there is ALWAYS one know-it-all on these discussion groups who feels the need stir up discontent.

Yes - asking about the corners is reasonable. Once you have the answer - that should be the end of it. Implying that Mr. Miller (a very respected craftsman) is lazy because he has a different opinion then you is outrageous.

You forget sir - that this is not Burger King and ordering an instrument is not the same as ordering a sandwich. You don’t necessarily get to “have it your way”.

When a REAL Musician needs an instrument - he or she selects a craftsman that makes one that fits their needs best. Not only in looks, but in sound, the way it plays and durability.

I do not remember where you are from sir – but obviously they do not teach manners there. I hope that Mr. Miller would turn down your request for 6 accordions. Not because of the money- but because he is not a sandwich maker. He has developed his own style of making instruments (which IS an art) which not only look good but play very well too. Quite frankly, if you don’t like it – get yours somewhere else. I’m sure it would not hurt Mr. Miller’s feelings.

...thank you Megan...

I paid $890, new, in a case and shipped. Butt joints. Binci reeds, metal buttons, sounds and plays great. Not $2000 as Claude erroneously stated. For an additional $1100 I could of gotten mitered joints!
Craig

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!