Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello all

just wanted to see how everyone has been on here havent posted in a couple of months. Dont really have nothing interesting to say. I have been reading all the post and havent been putting in my ten cents, sometimes thats best I guess. The number 1 button on a 10 button accordian is very useful especially if you can play johhny cant dance like Aldus Roger did back in the day. If anyone lives in the Knoxville area that plays the accordian email me and let me know. I am going up there for the weekend next weekend on the 15th. Well everyone be good.

Re: hello all

Hey Aaron,

Just so you know, if you're ever in Knoxville with your band, be sure to play the Blue Plate Special. It's a local radio show on WDVX in front of a live studio audience. We did it a few months back during a Tennessee tour and it was a blast.

Nick B.

I was wondering what you were up to -- nice to know you are present! We've missed you, brutha! Hope the holidays find you well and in high spirits!

Knoxville sounds like a great opportunity to inhale a little Smoky Mountain bluegrass. Or are you referring to Knoxville, IA? You should know, one of my favorite bands, Bonepony, is from Nashville, TN. They are incredible! Any fan of roots-rock and bluegrass oughta be aware of these guys.

You can write this down for future reference; Bonepony will eventually be a household name.

Aaron, there's been some discussion about the way wooden corners are fabricated on handmades. Do you find the way these crafted junctions are designed to influence your technique on Le Chemin Que T'as Pris?

Enthusiasically,

R!CK

Re: Re: hello all

the finger board on the accordian hmmm well I like mine the way it is. The buttons are closer to the edge and I like that cause you can tell over the years where my finger nails have "chewed up" the wood. Finger boards are finger boards youve got to feel it man its like love. Either you have it or you dont.

Peace.

Hey Aaron, have fun in Knoxville. All my dads family is from there. I have a lot of good memories of Knoxville from when I was a kid...LONG time ago. Gimme a holler sometime...

B.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!