Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: You're an accordion junkie when...

You're an accordion junkie when...

1. you play the same 5 licks for a year and half but still have hope that one day you'll be able to play a full song.

Re: Re: You're an accordion junkie when...

Oh man, you guys made me laugh. One of the truest and funniest threads ever....

Two symptoms that tell me I'm in trouble. One, when my wife asks how my day went, I always mention a thing or two from this board. Two, I regularly e-mail Flat Town Music asking when they are going to reissue "Lawrence Walker, A Legend at Last." (The always tell me "later.")

Oh, and here's a sad one: You find yourself writing a couple of hundred words in response to the question, "What about the Hohner HA-114?"

I must be hooked, but I can't practice and drive because I too fat for the accordion to fit between me and the steering wheel. Bruce

I've noticed my accordion has been swelling.

I been thinking lately that someone is stealing the fabric from all of my clothes Bruce

Someone wrote in once that they were concerned about scratching their accordion on their belt buckle. It was suggested that perhaps he wasn't eating enough boudin!

Well I got plenty of boudin in the fridge. lol

This is some funny stuff! Man, Tommee's reply of: You meet someone for the first time & they ask "arnt you the accordian guy?" -- that is funnee Tommee! And oh so true. That question is usually followed by, "So what town of Louisiana are you from?" I usually reply, "It's not where you're from... it's where you're at." Those two questions were asked just a few hours ago.

I've noticed my belt buckle wears a bit on my bellows. So I started wearing my belt from the side, threading it through the loops so my buckle is on my left hip. It's that way right now since I just got home from a gig tonight.

I've also noticed a strange correlation between the number of Budweisers I purchase and the disappearance of threads in my jeans. Boudin is good, but it never takes up as much room in my jeans as the Budweisers. But I gotta say, the boudin is a crowd pleaser and it makes my left leg look bigger.

Accordionistically,

R!CK

Mine don'e mind my playing when I get a tune worked out, but its when I'm hunting it that it gets pretty harry! Bruce

you're an accordion junkie when:

YOU BEGIN TO LOOK AT THE FIRE WOOD SITTING IN THE RACK, WITH A QUESTIONABLE COMPASSION... WONDERING HOW IT WOULD LOOK AS A NEW ACCORDION!

Oh Yeah,

1. It's 11 a.m. on a Saturday and you've already got KBON on.

2. While you're cookin' breakfast you rush over to your box for a few quick licks.

3. Whenever you have coffee, you start playin' two steps....fast.

4. Immediately after you get a new accordion you start thinkin' about other keys that would be nice to have.

5. One of your life's goals is to "someday buy a 3-row".

Arrete pas la musique!

Nick B

Re: Re: Re: You're an accordion junkie when...

There are a lot of accordion-junks on this forum and I am one of them !!!
On a Dutch site is a test wich testing your junkness for accordions.
Unfortunately it's in Dutch.

Re: Re: Re: Re: You're an accordion junkie when...

1. When you play in your garage at midnite, as not
to wake your family and your neighbor calls the cops
for distrubing the peace.

Re: Re: Re: You're an accordion junkie when...

"1. It's 11 a.m. on a Saturday and you've already got KBON on."

****, Nick. Just imagine us at Fred's in Mamou early Saturday morning. Most are back home napping by 12.

Hey Nonc, I've done that before. In fact, I keep a box in my shop , for "scrap" wood. I hate to throw any fine wood away. So, after a little time , I aquire this massive pile of wood pieces. Every one in while, I give in to the fact I just have "clean house", so I go through all my little "scraps" and purge.
I make a nice fire in the fire pit, fix me good totty, and sit by the fire , playing a tune or two, and watching the small pieces of hard wood turn into ash.
Jude

Nonc-
Right now in the wood pile, I got red cedar, white oak, mulberry, osage orange, walnut, pear, sugar maple and hickory. Last night it took a family vote to decide if we whould finally burn the really beautifully figured peice of mulberry that been on top of the pile since fall. We kept picking it up and taking whatever was underneith it.

You guys sound like you fit the mold of a banjo picker as well. Bruce

When you read this thread and recognize each and every post and can say, yup, been there, done that. And I thought it was only me! Now I don't feel quite so alone.

I'm pretty sure you qualify if people remember you by "Oh Yea, you're the guy with the accordion tattoo..." (I"ve got a pic, but don't know how to post it...)

You're an accordion junkie when...

You are constantly thinking of a good reason to tell your wife why you need another accordion....weather it is the truth or a lie.......
MarkS

As I started reading this thread, I realized that I do most of these things.

I find it had to keep both my boxes in there cases when i am at home. It just kinda boost my mood when I see them. Plus I am guilty of picken em' up when i am walking through the house and playing a tune (or Two).

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!