Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's your Dream Box ?

While we are getting closer to Christmas and perhaps wondering what is inside some of the wrapped packages under the tree.... it brings up that kid like fantasy with a bit of imagination.

Sooooo... if an accordion were so happen to be on your list of "I wants" describe the details of what your ultimate accordion would look like (wood,color, inlays, button types etc.).

Myself, I think there is red accordion (Mouton I believe) that Joanie Blon has (with bellows separator as part of the wood work) that serves as among the most beautiful accordions I have seen.... that to me, is a dream box (with mitered cornes for Claude..ha)with accorn style carved reed bank knobs (is that what ya call em?).

What's your dream machine?

Nonc D

Re: What's your Dream Box ?

hey, ole' rascal!

Are the "flappers eared doggies still kicking? .

My preferences:

Mittered corners, for the reasons that everyone knows about.

A black box.

A Falcon.

With all the trimming:

Red bellows, chrome decorative corners.

Gold lettering for his logo..

chrome buttons.

Ebony wood flappers & Stops.

No decorative marquetry strips.

Capped bass box strap ( at both ends) with chromed strips.

Salpa reeds.

2 boxes, C & D tuned.

Chromed flappers rods.

The usual, cool, elegant quality of an exceptional Falcon job.

Then I'll set them where I can see them, and let them talk to me , from a distance, then destiny will do the inevitable.

Claude.

Re: Re: What's your Dream Box ?

Oh, I forgot!!!!!:

The front of the frames, can either have dadoed grooves or none ( I prefer none),

But, if they have to be there, they "HAVE" to stop before reaching the tip of the decorative metal corners .

Why, because, "NOBODY" likes to see a space under them .

A'm beeing picky ? .

Off course not, just common sense, good design,

Off course.

As "WE" all know, esthetics are very important .

I do not want "JUST A"BOX" strong enough to sit on it, I want to see some design improvments, and that's why I go to the younger builders, and I dont care witch state theyr'e from.

C.

"...The usual, cool, elegant quality of an exceptional Falcon job..."

I hear tinkly bells in the distance...

Re: Re: What's your Dream Box ? Claude

Yeah Claude those hounds are still sniffing the dirt, air and other things I dare not mention, fear of being called crude... yep they are doing what hounds do. Music soothe the savage beasts? yep, it works.

We have a rogue possum that torments em constantly (a night critter)... I don't mind that those dogs howl (after all they are hounds)but at 2:00 AM, I begin to get a few thoughts of what a flat shovel could be used for beyond picking up the poo!

They do simmer down when I play accordion (could be a roots thing, who can say) but Ms. Linda is'nt going for any of my playing accordion in the wee hours, just to hush those goofy dogs... wish I had a paint ball gun for that possum (don't want to kill it, just colorize it, ha).

I'm going to dog hill (done up with a Bb)!

already got it

wle.

Re: What's your Dream Box ?//try again

already got it

wle.

Boozoo's green Master box. Not one like it -- "his" box.

R!CK

My dream box, says Mr Mayor, would be a big Xmas box full of Pom Pom girls !

signed: Carotte Leblanc, secretary of Hon. Telesphore Boudreaux, Mayor of Bayou Ponpon

Re: Re: Re: What's your Dream Box ?

Only problem is they're noisy even when you dont squeeze em.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's your Dream Box ?

Genius...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's your Dream Box ?

Anyone have some pics of a sterling and or monarch box? Could not really find anything on the net. Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's your Dream Box ?

Here you go, mitters and all .

Krazzy Kannukk.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!