Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wilson Savoy, hey thanks!

Don Yost had an extra copy of Wilson's DVD on playing triplets, rhythm and etc., so he sent it to me. Thanks Don! :- )

I met Wilson last year in Berkeley, when he was teaching an accordion seminar. What a great young guy -- good looking, killer singer and player, and funny as hell to boot.

So I fired up the DVD, got out the beat-up Martin and watched. Unfortunately, my copy had been really thrashed before it had been packed, and the scratches ruined about 70% of it. I carefully polished it with the stuff I used for my Harley's plastic windshield and restored it to about 85% okay.

It is a great teaching tool. In fact, I learned more from 10 minuters of the DVD, than everthing else I had previously purchased. There were questions I have always had, but living in Tokyo made it impossible to get the answers. They were answered in the first 20 minutes of Wilson's lesson.

This is a terrific DVD for anyone who plays accordion. More importantly for me, it erased a big part of the antipathy I have felt over the past year. If I can get my Savoy accordion sent over here, and find a Savoy D, I might be back into playing again, something I truthfully never thought I would do.

Go Wilson! You are indeed Da Man! :- )

Re: Wilson Savoy, hey thanks!

Tom,
There's actually a Savoy key of D on Ebay right now, a 1982 I think for about $1,165. Wilson's dvd is indeed a nice tool to have.
Salut bien.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!