Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: passing of another cajun muscian

Oh My God. I cried when I read this. That is so terrible. I always enjoyed playing music with him at his house and at larrys french market. I bought my first fiddle from him as well.

Re: Re: Re: passing of another cajun muscian

I had the distinct pleasure of playing music with Lyman with two different bands,first with "Jerry Bellot and Cajun Friends"at the Rodair club, and "Bon Temps Playboys at Larry's French Market on thursday nights. Lyman was undoubtedly the best fiddle player I ever played with at backing up the accordian, old timers called it "Seconding the Accordian", he learned this from his dad when he was young back in Louisiana. I have many fond memories of Lyman and his family.Our condolences go out to his survivors. Roland Ledet

Re: Re: Re: Re: passing of another cajun muscian

HE WAS MY MUCH LOVED FATHER WE HAVE MISSED SEEING HIM ON THE STAGE WITH HIS EYES CLOSED TO FEEL THE MUSIC. THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MADE MY HEART FULL . HE ALWAYS LOVED TO PLAY MUSIC WHERE EVER HE COULD . WITH THE FAMILY ON THE HOLIDAYS WHEN THINGS WOULD COME DOWN FROM EXCITEMENT OF THE KIDS RUNNING A ROUND THE HOUSE HE WOULD OPEN HIS CABINET AND TAKE OUT A FAVORITE FIDDLE AND THE HEADS WOULD TURN AND WE WOULD ONCE AGAIN HEAR THE MUSIC .. IN OUR HEARTS WE WILL ALWAYS FEEL AND LOVE THE SOUNDS... ALWAYS. A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR MEMORIES... LET THE GOOD TIMES CONTINUE IN YOUR LIVES.... DARNELL GUY

Re: passing of another cajun muscian

I'm very new to this forum, and I'm not sure if this will show to all of you on the board. I would like to thank those who made very special comments about Lyman Veronie. My name is Corinna. I'm his granddaughter. He is such an inspiration to me and has made a great impact on my life. He and my grandmother, Corita, were very loving people! Pawpaw was very talented and yet very modest about it. Please treasure your fiddles from him. I'm in hopes to get one as well if he had any left. Thank you again. God Bless! Corinna Guy

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!