Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Actually,
I have seen a larry Miller with a crawfish on the bellows. It's a different design than that of Jr. Martin.

It faces from side to side instead of top to bottom.

And unlike the Martin crawfish, it is designed to be seen only when the bellows is open. The Martin is designed to be seen when the bellows is closed.

Kinda cool!

DP

Re: Re: Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

ah nice..i'd like to see a pic of this one.

Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Bernhard,
you did not leave an email address or contact info.
How do we contact you?

Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Bernhard, this may not win me any friends among the group, but I just must tell you I think that is much too cheap for a Larry Miller (sorry guys ) Larry is not making accordions any more, and the value of his works are appreciating. His boxes sold for more than that new, and if it is in new condition it is a unique instrument that should increase in value. If no one here buys it for your stated price I would like to suggest you consider upping the amount by 300-400 dollars if not more. Comments anyone?

Hal

I would be interested in that box for sure, but aagin, no contact info?.

Dollars vs EUROs

He may have listed his accordion in Euros, not US dollars.

In which case it would be about $1,550 USD

But we will find out for sure as soon as he gets back...:)

DP

Perhaps the instrument is just a little over rated. Besides I don't see the value of Larry's instruments appreciating at all. Sorry Guy.

Re: Re: Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Yeah, I tend to agree - just because Larry is retiring doesn't lead me to believe that his accordions will go up in value beyond what any other well made LA accordion would.

On the other hand, it never ceases to amaze me the high prices people will pay for some beat to hell old electric guitar. I was told that my '72 Strat with original case that my brother bought brand new for $300 or so would now sell for $3000 to $4000!!! It is on OK guitar, but nothing special. I don't think it is any better than a new American Standard Strat, which sells for $800 to $1000.

-David

Re: Re: Re: Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Buyers should beware of all the hype. Was it P.T. Barnum that said " there's a sucker born every day."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Well,
considering Bernhard did not leave an email address or a callback number, and has not responded in a week, Maybe it is us that are the "suckers"! :)

(But his post did spawn an interesting discussion!)

DP

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Like-new Larry Miller Bb Accordion (dry-tuned) for Sale...

Hi Everybody,
I ve been away the last week in the alps skiing,
so I didn´t make it earlier.
my e-mail account is milleraccordion@gmx.at.
I´ll post some pics the next days to show you the accordion,
Maybe also some soundsample links....
It´s true the crawfish is as described only to see if the accordion is played and definitly not a jr martin crawfish...
Thanx Hal for your post,
the fact is that I want to sell the box an it´s in great condition, and it´s good to get feedback..
to be honest: I haven´t mixed up € and $
but with this information
I will sell the accordion for 1480 Dollar
(After you ve seen the pics and heard the clips you´ll probably think that it´s still a good price...
I will post them at least next week)
CU guys and thanks to everyone for the interest,
Bernhard

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!