Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Resolutions

On stage in front of a drunk Dallas crowd?? Man I am having trouble keeping it together in front of my own family!! I gotta get control of that.

I'll be getting in touch, soigne'toi.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Resolutions

I've found (from my own experience) that drunks in Dallas love this stuff!

C'est bon!

R!CK

Re: Re: Resolutions

Go either to a local music store or e-bay and pick up a used 3/4 violin. Should be able to get one for between $50 to $75, with case, bow and a stick of rosen. Get it tuned right by a competent music shop. There are Beau Coup violin learning sites on the web, including MIDI fake books with every fiddle tune you could ever imagine. Have him review the 3 left hand positions and how to hold the bow. Put him in a room by himself and let him start sawing away. Don't help him until he ask. You might be really surprised how fast he picks it up. It's up to you and the rest of the poor souls in the house to ignore the cat under the rocking chair.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Resolutions

I gave my dad a violin for Christmas, one we had to fix up. My son helped, and was fascinated by it. He had to carry it everywhere we went, and every chance he got he would open it and make that screaming cat, which dont bother me at all. So I agree, a fiddle may be in the future. Will go along with his screaming coyote sax.

Re: Resolutions

Here goes,

(1) Really, really learn the tunes I now play somewhere between half-slow and half-fast.

(2) Get to Louisiana (more than in 2006) to play music, listen to music, talk about music, down a few cold ones and dance the night away.

(3) Finish work on that Washburn parlor guitar that's still waiting for a fret job, a new nut and some inlay.

That's it for now...Lord knows this will keep me busy.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!