Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Kept Secret

For you Braves that might want a little inspiration...

I was listening back through my library of zydeco CDs for ones that have a little dust on them. What I re-acquainted myself with was Chris Ardoin's release, "Best Kept Secret" and this release is most likely the best nouveau zydeco examples of playing "above the melody" I've ever heard. This goes for both single-row and triple-row playing styles.

Chris' prowess on the accordion is a marvel to listen to on this release. I never felt as though this CD was Chris' strongest in terms of songs with solid hooks, but it includes by far, some of the best contemporary zydeco performance on the accordion(s).

R!CK

Re: Best Kept Secret

he;s really a great accordionist

for me, he;s up there
with andre thierry, jeffery broussard, and keith frank

[just thinking about living examples]

wle

Re: Re: Best Kept Secret

I have always thought that this was a watershed album---and recently told Chris that he might want to consider remixing it. The only weakness is that the bass is too melodic and loses the chop.

So even though it is not the best of dance grooves, this album is still as fresh as the day it was made... and an example of great playing & composing.

...and best of all, it was overmanufactured and then cut-out so copies are readily available,. cheap.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!