Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mardi Gras song

Here are the tabs as written in Larry's book.

5' 5' 5' 6' 6 7' 6' 6' 5' 5 4
7' 7' 7' 7' 7 7'

5 5' 5' 5' 6' 6 7' 7 7 7' 6 5'
7' 7 7'

7 8 7 8 8 9' 7 6 6 7' 7 7 7' 6 5'
7'

4 5' 5' 5' 6' 6 7' 6' 5' 5 4
7' 7 7'

at least I hope that right...

Hal

Re: Re: Mardi Gras song Tab errors

Sorry, those tabs did not come out right. First line looks right but only because the 7s are all to the left. The editor did not pick up my spaces for some reason so all of the 7s in the rest of the lines are flush left and not under the correct notes. Top finger is correct though, and with a decent ear you should be able to fit the octave notes in the right place.

Hal

Re: Mardi Gras song

This is a song that has entranced me ever since I was little. There are so many versions, and I like most of them, it is hard to decide which to go with. Here is what I came up with trying to copy Nathan Abshire, I added the first line as an intro. Not sure of tablature etiquette, but the numbers close together are quick succession, and the line is a hold. Hope it helps.

55 5' 5 5' 5 4 3' 4 5 5'____ 65'__ 5 5'____

3 3'__ 33' 4 4'____ 5 4'__ 4 4' 4 3'____

3 3'__ 3 3' 4 4'__ 4 4'5_ 5'__ 5 4' 4 3'____

55 5' 5 5' 5 4 3' 4 5 5'__ 6 5' 5 5'____

Re: Re: Mardi Gras song

I reckon that Nathan Abshire version is the best. And easy to play. ( If you mean the one in Am with just the accordion and coconut shells ( there you are, Nonc - coconut shells! )).

You need to be able to sing it, though, because there's no bridge to vary it.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Mardi Gras song

I added the intro and the last part, borrowed from other versions sort of, because I sing like a drunk cow. It sure helps to have Dewey singing.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!