Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark and Freida - a pair of ailing squeezers

On the phone yesterday catching up on some folks.

First Call:
Freida fusilier - had hand surgery (bad arthritus). Doubts she will play accordion any more. Such, that she is selling her sound system and gear also some accordions.
Too bad for this gigging lady squeezer.

Second Call:
Mark St. Mary - just had rotor cup shoulder surgery.
On the mend and still healing. If you think the little French 10 button is heavy... try straping up a 30 lb 120 bass piano accordion. Mark will return to gigging and doing up that old school Zydeco when healed.. however, it will mean a huge change in his day job which it is doubtful he will be able to continue.

For Freida, I have a date to pick her up and take her visiting and perhaps do some clubbing (she is the only one that can tollerate my crappy dancing). It is what friendship is about and Ms. Linda is very gracious with this concept dealing with our musician friends.

For Mark, he will be here at the house saturday morning for a visit and wolf gobble some of Ms. Linda's B's&G's. I have a beautiful piano accordion (the one I aquired a few months back) for him (free gratis) that needs a good home for when he recovers and is able to play. I will likely send a 10 button with him also, so he can at least sit and play without messing up the shoulder (he is quite good on the 10 button, though his piano accordion is his baby and his bread and butter).

Best hopes and wishes to Freida Fusilier and Mark St. Mary. It is the way of you know what for what I am talking about.

Nonc D

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!