Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Queen Ida

Yes, you are correct, she changes accordions during the drum break.

Even though she is getting old and does have another accordion player helping out, I watched her show last year at the Ardenwood festival and she changes accordions in the middle of the song during the drum break.

DP

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Queen Ida

Thanks for that, DP. I thought it must be the case. It's a great track, and that key change really gives it a charge. Wonder if it would sound as good, just changing keys on the same accordion? Probably not, if she sees fit to change boxes.

Thanks again for settling it for me.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Queen Ida

You have got a great ear to pick that up.. audio sleuth ??

How many of us would have actually thought that there was a box change mid-song..

You should win something for this! hehe

GLenn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Queen Ida

It becomes apparent when you try to play it along with the CD. I'm not really that clever - but you knew that, you silver tongued flatterer!

How was New Year on the rez?

I took a chance and ordered CDs from Rock-a-Bye and Canyon. Got 'em both. I have to have the grin surgically removed after listening to them.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Queen Ida

.. .. .. yes you have good ear and if chicken scratching in your semi ( breaker one nine style ) then you are deserving of flattery ( not flattery tyres though )..

Uhm.. I will persue ordering myself..did he take Paypal.?..

No rez this vacation.. Flu instead ugh.

Let me know!

G:

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!