Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three button GCF

I just purchased a Rocky Mountain Music Three row, (10,11,10) accordion in GCF and ordered the Wilson Savoy/Corey Le Det video. I hope it gets here soon as I am in over "mon tete". Unfortunately , it came with no chart, Where do I start? Dave

Re: Three button GCF

Dave,

Watch the video... pick up the accordion and watch it again... BE the video...

But until the v i d e o arrives...

In the interim, assuming you wish to play zydeco and not Cajun music, I mean afterall, you've got a 3-row, bro. You can purchase one of Thomas "Big Hat" Field's discs (floydsrecordshop.com) -- one of his earlier discs should be a great place to start listening to simple grooves on the 3-row. While his grooves are simple, they are delightfully repetitive and are a great place to start your "tete" absorbing some 3-row riffage.

Here's a couple of inspirational paradigms that should help jump-start yer musical libido:

[Master] Remember the accordion is an extension of your soul.
[Grasshopper] But it has many buttons...
[Master] So does your soul, Grasshopper. Shut up an' listen... Attempt to find the same notes on different rows, utilizing the push and pull.
[Grasshopper] Ah-so!
[Master] Form patterns around these similarities.

[Ty Webb] "Be the accordion, Danny... be the accordion... sha-na-na-na-na-na...bub-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba..."

That does it! Party at Dave's! Braves, we goin' to KANSAS!

R!CK

Re: Re: Three button GCF

Check out reyesaccordions.com for downloadable program of scales, chords calle Senor Maestro.. plus lots of help on learning triple row.

Good luck!

GLENN

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!