Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Joe Warren Cormier

Me too!
I've asked the same question on another e-group before...
I heard this song from "Bonsoir Catin" (I think it's also on their new CD as well) and love it!
But don't know where to find the original version from Joe Warren Cormier. :(

Re: Joe Warren Cormier

I have found a version of Bonsoir Catin, a ladies Cajun Band with Christine Balfa, Kristy Guillory.
The song is calling "Le vieux Dodge à Bill Landry"
Telling Joe Warren Cormier’s lively story of an unfortunate man whose woman has left him with only “cinquante piastres, mes vieux culottes et mon pickup truck.(See link#2)
The cassette is available at Floyds Record Shop for $2.99. You can connect your cassetterecorder on your soundcart of your computer and then make a recording on your computer. Yhen it's easy to get it on your I-pod.

Re: Re: Joe Warren Cormier(without faults I hope)

I have found a version of Bonsoir Catin, a ladies Cajun Band with Christine Balfa, Kristy Guillory.
The song is calling "Le vieux Dodge à Bill Landry"
Telling Joe Warren Cormier’s lively story of an unfortunate man whose woman has left him with only “cinquante piastres, mes vieux culottes et mon pickup truck.(See link#2)
The cassette of Joe Warren Cormier is at Floyds Record Shop for $2.99.
You can connect your cassetterecorder on your soundcard of your computer and then make a recording on your computer. Then it's easy to get it on your I-pod.

Re: Re: Re: Joe Warren Cormier(without faults I hope)

Ron, for those of us who are computer dummies (inc. me), can you explain how to connect a cassette player to the soundcard, and what happens after that?

Could something similar be done from a VCR?

BJ

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!