Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
That five stop Falcon accordion

I want to play that box so bad. I've jammed on a couple Falcons and loved 'em.

The extra set of reeds must be a middle set?

That box is in F right? I love F accordions.

Every key has it's charm, treble side and especially bass side. F sounds good wet.

It's too bad alot of people are scared of alot of different keys.

Anyone can sing in any key if they try. It's all about mathcing the key with your voice (if you really feel like singing!) You also have to have the balls to do it, apparently. Everyone who really cares can sing in every key

Fiddles can play in every key too. Maybe double stops don't come so cheap in other keys, I guess that's the problem for alot of players.

Fiddles and human voice boxes have no boundries unless the player is lazy or afraid.

On the accordion hand, one scale diatonic instruments obviously have boundries.

This is why I love the Piano accordion too.

It's kinda sad when people shy away from the other keys on a C accordion, or a D accordion, or an F accordion or an A accordion, or a G accordion. Not to mention every key in between.

Sounds crazy but every single note sounds different to me. Especially when that note is the basis of the instrument.

It's all about confidence and practice!

Re: That five stop Falcon accordion

I once met a classical guitar player who played in the key of D flat. When I asked why, he said he liked the "tember" of the key. He like those subtle tone combinations that result from useing a temper music scale. I will have to admit that some songs do sound better in certain keys.

Still, when jamming with a group, I consider it polite to stick with a key that is easiest for everyone. The middle ground for most instuments and voices are C, D, G and A. Capo's and tunings help with the rest.

RPr

Yea you right Jim. I've been rehearsing with my new Zydeco project at a centrally located studio in Midtown Manhattan once a week so it is a problem bringing lots of accordions. I have had to make do with just 2 singlenotes and 1 triple (which is still a lot to haul around) so I have been learning lots of keys. They do all have their own sound. I love playing out of the "D" position on a single row. You can get that plentatonic blues scale really nice on the pull.

Jim ~ if you're ever in the Tampa area, you're more than welcome to drop by and give it a try.

Re: Re: That five stop Falcon accordion

thats jim gotta have the balls without them its like trying to play basketball without the balls if you have the balls you can definently score. lol

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!