Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Looking for a used C

I just sold a used Acadian in C ( and one in D ).. I have a Falcon and Martin in C.. ( very nice ones ).. but either would go for no less that $1,850 plus shipping.

Re: Looking for a used C

What are you playing on now and what price range do you have in mind?
JB

Re: Re: Looking for a used C

I've been playing only for a short time, but I'm learning quickly and am having so much fun!!! Have been borrowing my boyfriend's Larry Miller C. I like it a lot. I've also played his Marc Savoy B flat. I've played a couple of Martins. They're all nice to play. I want to get a good instrument that I won't grow out of as a musician. The reason I was looking for a used one, of course, was to hopefully save some money, but I'm finding that the difference in price between new and used is fairly minimal. So, I'm torn between waiting to see if I can find something used that I like, or ordering a new one exactly to the specs I want.
Today I located a used Falcon in C. From the description, it sounds like a very solid buy, not really a color I was wanting, but I'm sure it's gorgeous anyway. Not sure what to do...
Glen - would be interested in hearing more about the two that you have available. Please either post here, or answer me privately at the e-mail address above. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Looking for a used C

Be careful about the Flacon, many were made of soft wood and while light in weight they get beat up pretty easy and the keyboards wear out.

Re: Looking for a used C

Get Danny or Jude to give you a quote on a new one. Can't go wrong. Great looking, reasonable price, and plays really, really good. My recommendation, for what it's worth.
JB

Bought one - Thanks everyone...

Decided to buy a new Larry Miller accordion. He had two left, now he has one left.
Thanks to everyone who gave me helpful advice and/or leads.
Saanen

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!