Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Now THIS Really IS ~ YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

If the times are bad for the show you like....you
can always use software to capture the stream. I
use Audio Hijack on my mac to capture the stream to
an mp3 that I can put on my ipod and listen to any time
I want. I do that every week for the Liberty Theatre
show. I don't have to be around..as long as my computer is on...I can use the application to automatically launch the stream and capture it. Might make it more worthwhile for some of you. Mark

Re: Re: Re: Now THIS Really IS ~ YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

hmmmm thanks for that info Mark...kinda like TIVO for the computer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Now THIS Really IS ~ YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

ah dang..only for Mac users..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now THIS Really IS ~ YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

Hey Chad:

Here is one for the pc. I've never tried it...I use a mac at
home...but the features look similar to audio hijack.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

Mark

Re: Re: Kbon 101

In my opinion, and that of so many local recording artists, KBON has done more for our local Louisiana artists and music, including Cajun, Zydeco & Swamp Pop in the short ten years we have been on the air than all the other radio stations put together. While the other stations treat our local artist's music like secondary music, putting it ONLY in early morning hours or weekends, KBON has been able to present it as music that belongs with the national music. We present it as EQUAL!!!

Do you realize that over 85% of our overall music programming is LOUISIANA ARTISTS! We here at KBON support our local musicians, wheather they are Cajun, Zydeco, Swamp Pop, Blues, Country, etc. They are our people in music.

"LOUISIANA. It's more than just "a state". It's a way of life"!!!
KBON 101.1 FM .... Promoting our local music, heritage & culture worldwide EVERYDAY at www.kbon.com
KBON FACTS:
* KBON is a variety music station with a "LOUISIANA FLAVOR". Our weekday music format variety specializes in the great music of our local area, including Cajun, Zydeco & "Swamp Pop". You will also hear very select new Country and the best of Classic Country, Classic Oldies and Blues. Of course, KBON also offers great "specialty" programs which highlight & concentrate more on certain types of music played on KBON. If you are truly a music lover, you will never be bored with radio again!!
*KBON IS A LEADER, NOT A FOLLOWER! We introduce & play the music when it is new and "unknown", while other radio stations choose to wait until a song becomes a hit before they play it.
* KBON 101.1FM was the first major radio station to promote Louisiana recording artists everyday; "variety with a Louisiana flavor" as part of the regular daily format. Our main goal is to help preserve the unique Cajun & Creole music and culture of our area. Our slogan is "LET US, BEFORE WE DIE, GATHER UP OUR HERITAGE & OFFER IT TO OUR CHILDREN" and we don't just say it, we live it!
* KBON 101.1FM (http://www.kbon.com) is the most listened to Louisiana radio station on the internet, as well as one of the most listened to radio stations overall, in the world on the internet.
* Not only has the studios of KBON been visited by hundred's of musicians, but thousands of locals as well as "tourists" from around the world have come to tour the station and enjoy it's antiques, artifacts and the famous "Wall of fame".
NO OTHER RADIO STATION IN THE HISTORY OF BROADCASTING HAS DONE MORE TO PROMOTE
OUR LOCAL AREA, MUSIC, HERITAGE & CULTURE!
* KBON has been featured in The New York Times as well as receiving a four page feature story in Chile Peppers Magazine, plus magazines in France, Canada, and Germany.
* KBON was featured in The Washington Post and the article reprinted in newspapers across the country, including Anchorage, Alaska, Atlantic City, N.J., Paradise, California, Palm Beach, Florida, Sarasota, Florida, Bradenton Florida, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Houston Chronicle, The Dallas Morning News, The New Orleans Times-Picayune, plus many more newspapers. The printed story on KBON appeared also on the MSNBC website. A very nice mention of the positive thing we are doing here at KBON appeared in the National Geographic Travel Magazine.
* KBON was featured in the Jan. 2005 edition of BILLBOARD RADIO MONITOR with an article titled "MEET THE RAGIN CAJUN OF RADIO"
* Louisiana Public Broadcasting did a feature story on KBON for television, which aired numerous times and seen through-out Louisiana.
* A film crew from Tennessee did a segment on KBON, which aired as part of the program titled "HOMEMADE MUSIC" a national television show which airs on two different stations and watched by a total of about 60,000,000 viewers.
* KBON has also been the subject of film and shown on television in Canada, France and Italy and Japan.
* Paul Marx, owner of KBON is the 2006 Louisiana Association of Broadcasters recipient for "35 years of Distinguished Service in Broadcasting" (all those years promoting Louisiana musicians) and "The Golden Mike Award" (The highest honor paid to a broadcaster) for dedication to promoting the state of Louisiana.
* Thursday Jan. 25th, 2007 KBON was the recipient of OffBeat's "Best of The Beat" award for "BEST RADIO STATION".

Re: Kbon 101

You can get it in your car boat or pickup. The cell companies offer air cards for laptops. When I need to travel and work, looking for a wifi hotspot is lame. Driving to the office could take thirty minutes each way easy, that easily pays the eighty a month for unlimitted access. and it is faster than dialup and almost as fast as cable. I wish sattelite ISPs were cheaper but they are places I have needed and used other peoples.

Re: Kbon 101

Chad, first let me correct you. It's $60.00 oer YEAR not per quarter.

Secondly, you may have listened all those years for "free" to YOU, but you must surely know that streaming is not free. Somoene has to pay for it. In this case it was me and some voluntary donations from listeners paying for you to listen. In other words, you were gettig a free ride at the expense of others.

Let me try to explain:

For many years, Louisiana Proud Radio provided unlimited free Streaming Audio for thousands of Cajun, Swamp Pop, and Zydeco music fans worldwide. Over the years, many of our loyal fans became supporters and proudly contributed to a fund to help us offset the substantial (and constantly growing) costs of providing audio streams.

Unfortunately, only a small fraction of the listening audience contributed to the streaming audio fund -- leaving the station responsible for large unmet monthly streaming costs. While we are truly grateful for the support of our loyal fans, it became clear that the station could not afford to continue to subsidize the thousands of free streaming sessions logged each day.

The solution of simply shutting down the streams was totally and resoundingly rejected. After much discussion and planning (and prayer!) we developed the KBON Club. This solution allows the station to continue to provide a small number of free streams for casual listeners and new visitors, but it also gives our loyal fans and fans of Louisiana Music a great way to help us keep the music alive on the Internet.

There are limited FREE streams, but the higher quality and more benefits streaming will be $6.00 per month or $60.00 per year (you save $12.00 by paying annually).

Remember your membership not only gives you access to uninterruped high quality sterio streaming, but it also you to take advantage of discounts on monthly featured items, including music. Check out the
monthly CD specials, including a great MARDI GRAS music collection this month, at only $13.95, including FREE shipping anywhere in the continental United States. That's a savings of $5.00 per CD. If you buy only one per month you will save enough to pay your KBON CLUB membership!

You are also eligible for give-a-ways, and you don't even have to be listening to win, If you're name is selected, you are notified by email and have up to seven days to get back to us and acknowledge our email and send us your mailing address and if are from out of our area, your winning will be mailed to you.

Be part of the future of radio... right now... with your favorite radio station... KBON 101.1. Go to "kbonclub.com" and join the KBON CLUB. Do it right now.

Re: Re: Kbon 101

i don't need you to correct me..i'm a grown man and i corrected myself...open your eyes and read the second post.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!