Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: here's the websitelink

Kirk, thank you for your reply. I already have an Acadian. But the 'vintage'microphone attachment and the way the bellows are attached (linen?) the soft wood, the link between the keyboard- button part and the rest, intrigues me. (looks like a French Martin this way)

Gus

Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

I don't see any reason to doubt that it is a genuine Acadian.

One clue to authenticity is the Anvil case. I bought my first Acadian around that same time, and in those days Mark insisted on shipping all accordions in an Anvil case. You didn't have to buy the case, but he went to a lot of effort to persuade people to do so. If you didn't buy it, you had to pay to ship it back anyway. I am glad I bought the case, and have used it in air travel several times and never had a problem. The case itself acquired some nice dents courtesy of the baggage handlers, but the accordion was always fine.

The case alone sold for around $200 back then.

-David

actually i know the seller and i have seen this accordion

actually i know the seller and i have seen this accordion

i advised him to list it on this forum
not sure why he didn;t
we have not talked since i advised him

he;s genuine

email me and i will give you his phone number

he;s the original true owner

he probably did play it enough to break
in the strap

he;s making a little strategic ebay error
starting the listing at 1295 but it;s
worth that

i told him 1400 i think

wle.

Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Indeed
This is a genuine Acadian accordion.
Marc Savoy's accordions evolved in shape through the years, but never in quality !!! I got my first one in june 1975.
I own one in C (1975), one in D (1990), an other one in D (left handed - 2004) one in Eb (1998) and one in Bb (2006)
They are all great instruments, with no comparison with the sound qualities of the Bayou Belle (1975) in A and the Sterling (1936) in Bb I also have.

The 1975 Acadian accordion is still going strong !

Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Mark and Tinas' wood working skills leave something to be desired.

Re: Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Sorry, I think there craftmanship is far away the best !

Re: Re: Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Mine is just like that one. It is a terrific accordion for sure. I think the price is dirt cheap, because of the accordions I have owned, Marc's have by far the best tone and playability.

If I had the $$$, I'd buy that box in a heartbeat. But I don't and I don't even play accordion anymore. Anything under 1500 bucks and you have a great deal on a vintage and very cool accordion...

And Ti Lou or whatever your name is, it's pretty chicken to hide behind a phoney name and bag on someone.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

ti lou is just baiting the crowd

wle.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Yea you right!! But I still think that Tinas' woodworking skills and finishing methods could be improved.

Joe Fontenot

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Better a dusty Toyota than a shiney Yugo...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: acadian on ebay, is it a real one?

Yea, but they ain't a dusty toyota. Maybe a toyota with a bad paint job. Some of their old stuff was pretty ugly but sounded good.

final ebay price, $1670 US

all the bidding took place in the last hour or so

wle

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!