Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Here's a very good French Canadian player on YouTube - Robert Boutet

Hi Maz. I don't think that I'm progressing as quickly as you are, but slowly ploding along. Have a dozen good tunes under my belt.

Last I contacted Robert Boutet, he hailed from Ste-Christine de Portneuf, Quebec. I think that this is just east of Quebec city....... not cetain though. At the time, his boxes went for almost exactly the same price as most Louisiana boxes...... but this was in the $1800.00 CDN range. I guess with the exchange, that made these boxes a bit cheaper than the Louisiana boxes. The Louisiana boxes have all gone up by about $500.00 US since then. I don't know if the Quebecois builders have followed suit. My thought was that the american boxes mostly went up in price due to the US dollar devaluation against our currency and the Euro, where they purchase some of their parts such as reids etc.... On this forum though, I have discovered a few other Quebecois builders who seem to build some very boxes. Thinking of going to the Montmagny festival next year to check them out.

Cheers,

JL Brunelle

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's a very good French Canadian player on YouTube - Robert Boutet

Merci. I will look him up the next time I drive up through Quebec city area (assuming my wife lets me go through a detour). :-)
I'm hoping to get to the Montmagny festival this year. I missed it again last year. It seems that there's always some other events competing during that long weekend of Septempber...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!