Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kbon 101

Chad, first let me correct you. It's $60.00 oer YEAR not per quarter.

Secondly, you may have listened all those years for "free" to YOU, but you must surely know that streaming is not free. Somoene has to pay for it. In this case it was me and some voluntary donations from listeners paying for you to listen. In other words, you were gettig a free ride at the expense of others.

Let me try to explain:

For many years, Louisiana Proud Radio provided unlimited free Streaming Audio for thousands of Cajun, Swamp Pop, and Zydeco music fans worldwide. Over the years, many of our loyal fans became supporters and proudly contributed to a fund to help us offset the substantial (and constantly growing) costs of providing audio streams.

Unfortunately, only a small fraction of the listening audience contributed to the streaming audio fund -- leaving the station responsible for large unmet monthly streaming costs. While we are truly grateful for the support of our loyal fans, it became clear that the station could not afford to continue to subsidize the thousands of free streaming sessions logged each day.

The solution of simply shutting down the streams was totally and resoundingly rejected. After much discussion and planning (and prayer!) we developed the KBON Club. This solution allows the station to continue to provide a small number of free streams for casual listeners and new visitors, but it also gives our loyal fans and fans of Louisiana Music a great way to help us keep the music alive on the Internet.

There are limited FREE streams, but the higher quality and more benefits streaming will be $6.00 per month or $60.00 per year (you save $12.00 by paying annually).

Remember your membership not only gives you access to uninterruped high quality sterio streaming, but it also you to take advantage of discounts on monthly featured items, including music. Check out the
monthly CD specials, including a great MARDI GRAS music collection this month, at only $13.95, including FREE shipping anywhere in the continental United States. That's a savings of $5.00 per CD. If you buy only one per month you will save enough to pay your KBON CLUB membership!

You are also eligible for give-a-ways, and you don't even have to be listening to win, If you're name is selected, you are notified by email and have up to seven days to get back to us and acknowledge our email and send us your mailing address and if are from out of our area, your winning will be mailed to you.

Be part of the future of radio... right now... with your favorite radio station... KBON 101.1. Go to "kbonclub.com" and join the KBON CLUB. Do it right now.

Re: Re: Kbon 101

i don't need you to correct me..i'm a grown man and i corrected myself...open your eyes and read the second post.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!