Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: EXCUSES

Bonjour Cory. Thanks for the "help" lol It's ok brother. We know what we have to do to survive in the world of big corporate broadcasting, and we must do whatever we have to do. WHAT we do is that importnat to us and to many many people, not only locally but also through-out the world.

It's unfortunate that there are so many who live in the wonderful world of Cajun Country that really just don't get it. How heartbreaking it is to walk into a business place here in the local area, and they are broadcasting a station playing country music; basically promoting Nashville & Branson instead of their own local area, music, heritage & culture.

It boils down to this: When it comes to the promotion of who we, the people, are down here in Cajun country, the fight continues, and as someone recently said in another situation, "You're either with us or against us". There is no middle ground. I truly believe that NO ONE can be "Louisiana Proud" and not love & support our local music.

KBON is alive & well because there are many who do understand. God bless them!

:-)
Paul

Re: Re: Re: Re: EXCUSES

Paul, that's depressing about businesses playing non local radio stations. Do you bring up the subject when you go in these places? Do you have some kind of cultural ambassador ( yourself, maybe?), to go around these businesses and promote your station? Do you carry any literature with you to leave with them, explaining why they ought to play your station?

It sounds like an uphill struggele.

Bon chance,

BJ

Well Cory, how do you expect me to afford your next cd, which I expect out any day, by the way.

Problem with forums is its too easy to misunderstand people when you are not in person. I didnt mean to sound that harsh, but I did take it he was refering to our previous discussion on this, which sort a rubbed me the wrong way. I should have went with my first instinct and just not say anything.

Paul, when I go home to my parents, I always look forward to getting past Alexandria so I can catch KBON. And I do appreciate the fact the station is available to those of us disoriented cajun souls who moved away, and those others interested in our music if we desire. So keep it up. Apologies if I came across too harshly.

Harsh??

Nawwww Bryan. you were quite gentle compared to many who have jumped my butt in the past. I thank my "Lexapro" for helping me handle it all in a much more cival manner. LMAO

I really feel we are all friends of music in here, and friends should be able to talk to each other as such. Afterall, aren't we pretty much all on the same side; keeping our local music alive & well???

Re: Re: EXCUSES

LOL Hey Bryan. No one here wants your money or anyone else's money "just for the hell of it". There are some who have good excuses to not join. I was simply pointing out some of the emails we get at the radio station. Some are quite funny. It's as if they say "if you change it to what I like, I will join". LOL

As I said before.... whether you join the club or not, we still love you man! As a member of louisianafolklife.org I assume you are "Louisiana Proud". Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Paul

Re: EXCUSES

keep up the good work paul. I'm up here in frosty minnesota and i joined so that i could listen to the stream on the internet. yes it would be nice if I could hear it on the radio but that ain't happening up here so the next best thing is on the stream. I'm happy to pay a little to keep in touch with the music and the culture.

kevin anthony
the twin city playboys

Merci mon ami! If ever in our area, come visit the station and have a cup of REAL Louisiana coffee with us.... COMMUNITY COFFE. ;-)

Hey Paul! The KBON Club, New Jersey chapter checking in. We love the Saturday morning show and our first trip to LA is going to include stopping in to the KBON studios.

Merci

Bonjour New Jersey.

If you love the Saturday morning show, you'll love the Sunday morning show also. I am the host and it is 100% Cajun French, from 7:am to 12:noon!

I do hope you make it to KBON when you are in our area. We'll give you a tour and a cup of Community coffee.

Paul

Re: EXCUSES

Hey Paul,
I had to read all the posts before I commented.
I'm so glad to see that you took the time to post on this board ( I'm sure Joanie had something to do with that) and to respond to the comments made here.
I want to thank you for all that you do, and all that that you did for me personallly by playing our music.
Please continue , and let us know what else we can do to help. Maybe we ( Cajun musicians ) could donate some of our time and talent for a KBON party. Just let us know.
Jude Moreau

Hey brother Jude!! Great to hear from you. I'm a big fan!!

As for a KBON party, well there is already one in the making. Todd is handling most of the details. It will be in either June or July, and will be held at the Rayne Civic Center.

We will have some sort of entry fee, like can goods & non-perishables donation to go to a local food bank, and I believe he said The Shriners will sell alcohal & food with all proceeds to go to them. (KBON is not making a cent on the event, nor would we want to). Todd has already gotten committments from numerous bands to perform (donated time).

I will be sure to get the information to this forum when all details, dates, etc. are worked out.

Hello Mr. Marx! I used to listen to your shows on KSIG from Crowley back in the old days! Good luck with your venture.

"the old days"

Wow.... That has been some years. Good to still have you as a listener mon amie.

Paul

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!