Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Lyrics to "La Valse de Choupique"

mais pas d'quoi de tout.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lyrics to "La Valse de Choupique"

Bryan - those lyrics sound mighty fine a moi - merci beaucoup. Say, would you happen to be the Lafleur who jams on the accordion (and fiddle) at Mitch Reed's Louisiana Heritage and Gifts on Gloria Switch Rd in Carencro?

A freind of mine was talking to Mitch Reed at Fitzgeralds in Chicago when he came thru with Beausoleiu late January. Evidently Mitch said they have to close. Thats too bad for many reasons, of which one would be the loss of a great Sat afternoon jam venue in Lafayette.

John Romano of the Cajun Strangers band freezing in sub-zero temps in Madison Wi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lyrics to "La Valse de Choupique"

Nope, that aint me, unless you owe him some money, then it might be. I am from the Mamou area but now, unfortunately, live in northeast texas, and my jams consist of me and a howling mutt until I get home and can "force" dad to play with me. The mutt keeps better time than I do.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lyrics to "La Valse de Choupique"

Well hopefully Brian, east Tejas is not that far away from home and you can get back home often, or to other places that have Cajun food, dance and music.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!