Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Picture

...and a colorful tick at that. :-)

Dowell Lafleur

Re: Picture

Sorry ~ don't have any idea who this gentleman is. We were told that he was the oldest rider in the 2003 Eunice run. My husband Mike took the photo. It's included in the 2003 Eunice Courir slideshow on our Maison-t-Bayou website at the active link above.

"I am Mister ED!"

A horse is a horse
Of course, of course
And no one can talk to a horse of course -
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mister Ed.
Go right to the source and ask the horse -
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse
He's always on a steady course
Talk to Mister Ed!

People yakity-yak a streak
And waste your time of day,
But Mister Ed will never speak
Unless he has something to say!
A horse is a horse
Of course, of course
And this one will talk 'till his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking horse?
Well listen to this:
"I am Mister ED!"

carnaval

Joanie, in a few weeks we have carnaval (which is the festival before fasting (kinda ramadan, no alcohol, no beef, no sweeties)very old tradition and the word means something like : no meat. During this 3 day festival people dress like this person and drink a lot.
Is Mardi Gras coming from this old european catholic tradition, or is it more like thanksgiving (slaughtered another indian tribe?)

Gus

Re: carnaval

Sounds the same. It is the last day before fasting for lent, and a celebrated last day at that. Traditionally celebrated as a community in various ways.

PS. The cajuns got along with the indians better than most of the rest of "les americains", in fact a lot of our culture came from them.

Re: "I am Mister ED!"

Hey! I wonder if it can played on the accordion? Thanks for posting that about Mr.ED the talking horse. It brings back good memories. I loved the show. I bet it would be corny watching it now, though.

but can you play it on the accordion?

Hal

I wonder how many times someone got the living crap kicked out of them by a certain horse who was tired of get electrical jolts in his mouth?

Re: Picture

The horse don't want on the picture,
she looks away.

Re: Re: Picture

Might be thinking about the crawfish in the field.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!