Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beaux Bridge

Is anyone (or everyone)in this forum heading to the Crawfish Festval in Beaux Bridge the 1st weekend in May?This will be our first time ever, so if anybody has some inside information on what to take and what to do, please let me know. They have the new music schedule posted in Acrobat, even though the site still says 2006. Thanks ahead for the info.
JB

Re: Beaux Bridge

Hey podna... that's BREAUX BRIDGE (BRO).

Great time to be down there.

If you want to stay at the Holiday Inn there... better book now.

Re: Re: Beaux Bridge

Yep,

We've already booked a B&B for the duration. Man, I have a hard time putting that "R" in there. Breaux, Breaux, got it!

Re: Re: Re: Beaux Bridge

I attended for the first time last year...what a blast!
My only suggestion is to bring some rain gear...just
in case...it got a little muddy last year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaux Bridge

Thanks, Joe. Great suggestion. Living in San Antonio, sometimes we forget it rains a lot more to the east.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaux Bridge

what B&B have you booked if you don't mine me asking?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaux Bridge

See the above link to the place we are staying.
This will be the first out of state vacation my wife and I have taken in quite a spell, so didn't want to stay in a motel. I understand that it is not real close to the festival grounds, which has its good and bad points. Little more that I am used to spending on the road, but after 36 years of putting up with me, she deserves a decent place to stay. Hope they live up to the advertisement.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaux Bridge

i AM FAMILIAR WITH THE b&b.. WE DROVE THERE ONCE TO LOOK. IT IS RUN BY THIS GENTLEMAN WHO AT ONE TIME HAD A FISHING PROGRAM ON A LOCAL CHANNEL. i BELIEVE HE IS A PREACHER NOW.
YOU ARE CORRECT--IT IS NOT CLOSE TO bREAUX BRIDGE, THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT I COULD IMAGINE YOU HAVING IS--- A GRAND OLD TIME IN THE CRAWFISH CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. YOU MAY NOT WANT TO LEAVE.. I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE CRAWFISH FESTIVALS SINCE 1960. WE STILL VISIT EVERY YEAR ON SUNDAY- THE LOCAL CROWD LOVES FRIDAY NIGHT AND THE NOT SO LOCALS SEEM TO PARTY ON SATURDAY AND SAT. NITE. WE LIKE SUNDAYS --GREAT MUSIC ALL WEEKEND AND IF THE SUN SHINES---LOOOOOOK OUT!!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!