Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: THE LIBERTY THEATER

I'm glad you are pleased Karl. Believe me, we have more ideas of things we want to get into the club section as times goes.

Merci,
Paul

KBON Radio LOG IN

Great news. How can they be ordered?

A suggestion for the KBON website, would be to place an immediately recognizable LOG-IN sign for registered KBON CLUB users, along with the streaming selection on the KBON HOMEPAGE.

As is, it is a major operation everytime one wants to hear the radio ( 5 clicks and 3 pages ? )..

Thanks. Glenn ( I realize this is off subject, but thought since most of us are listeners,love KBON, and we often click on from here, it might be worth mentioning )

Re: KBON Radio LOG IN

The shows cannot be ordered as they are not for sale. As a KBON CLUB member, you can download them onto your harddrive FREE and watch them at your convenience. I am not a computer guy, but I would imagine once you have them downloaded onto your harddrive, that if you have a DVD burner on your PC, you would be able to burn them to a DVD.

As for your suggestion about a "recognizable LOG-IN sign, I think that is a great idea and will pass it on to our tech guy Dwayne Coots at kbonclub@gmail.com. You are all welcome to send him suggestions as well. We want to make the club as good as it can be!

Re: KBON Radio LOG IN

Thanks for the input. Paul alerted me to your post and asked me to reply.

I appreciate the suggestions but we already have enough confused members who keep going to www.kbon.com to get to the KBON Club instead of going to www.kbonclub.com. Member get a "Welcome" email that explains at some length how to navigate to the correct website.

In our welcome email we clearly explain the corect site to go to. We want to keep the two sites seperated since they are seperate. So, just as people are able to go to the KBON site, they can (at minimal hardship) go to the KBON Club site and bookmark it.

Hmmm. 5 clicks and 3 pages? Oh my goodness no. We do have to protect the content for members so you will have to log in -- not much we can do about that. However there is no need to make it as hard as you imply either:

Just add this link to your favorites:

http://kbonclub.com/members/qt.php

ONE CLICK (if you know how to make a bookmark LOL) and ONE PAGE... and your streaming. LOL

Of course if it was just about going right to the stream it could not be simpler. But then you would miss all the other cool stuff like the discounts, and forums, and VIDEOS... LOL

Hope this helps;
Dwayne

Re: Re: KBON Radio LOG IN

Hey Mr. Paul,

This is Joey Guillory from Saint Landry (Jason's brother--one who brought you some CD's the other day). I am joining the club tomorrow mainly for the LIberty shows. What a great idea. Mr. Fred Charlie put an old tape of our grandfather (Roy Fontenot) on DVD for us and I just finished making myself a CD of their performance for me to listen to in the truck. By the way, love the show on Sunday morning. Good old stuff.

Merci

Hey Joey. I love doing the Cajun Sunday Morning Show. It feels so strange being in here alone for that show. It's almost as if I can feel some of the spirits of deceased musicians with me. A bit eerie but nice at the same time. I welcome them to THEIR radio station.

I'm so happy about getting the Liberty Theater shows on for our KBON CLUB members to watch. We have another great surprise coming...maybe this week. There is so much we wa nt to & will do for the club. Naturally, the more members we have the more we can do, so please get anyone you can to join up. What a bargain at $60.00 per year/ $5.00 per month and believe me, we will make sure folks get their money's worth!

paul

Re: THE LIBERTY THEATER

Thanks for the KBON link info clarifications. I had lost that email unfortunately before I could read all the details. All clear now. Thanks much. GLENN

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!