Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

There are two sets (C & D) of italian Cagnoni reeds for sale on EBay, item #170081070009

I wonder what the value of these are, and how they compare in quality versus the Binci reeds. Anyone know?
I wonder it at $145 it would be worth it to put these inside a chinese-made box?
Maz

Re: Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

I would have to say that they are dam good, especially if hey are voci amano. Even tipo amano reeds would be much better than what is in the box now. But wheather it would be worth the expense of installing them in it is uncertain.

Re: Re: Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

If you were thinking of putting them in an Old Hohner I should think it might be worth consideration, but putting handmade Italian reeds into any Chinese box I've seen would be a waste. You would still have lousy treble mechanism and vulnernable to all the other potential breakage and misfunctionings of sub-standard boxes.

When your buttons turn to mush or squeak or stick, it will be a shame to know there are Italian handmade reeds in there..

That would be a Ventriloquist Accordion.. lending a voice to dummy : )

Just my 2 cents.. ( the price is very good on them though !.. best used in an LA box ).

Glenn

Re: Re: Re: Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

Beware of the $157 shipping cost - that brings the total to over $300!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

Even with out the shipping the deal is not that good. The parts are not leathered and they are export grade. AKA #3's

Hi everyone anybody knows where can I buy the cagnoni reeds I would like to get the 34 full set for my acordion?I'll appreciate your help thanks

Re: Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

I am not an expert on this topic, but that sounds a little pricey for a set of machine made reeds (as opposed to "a mano" or "tipo a mano"). I don't recall what a set of handmade #1 reeds for a Cajun accordion costs, but I do remember that a full set of Binci #1's for a triple row only added around a couple hundred bucks to the price of a new Baffetti accordion.

And $157 for shipping and handling!!! That is a total ripoff! Surely that must be a typo.

-David

Re: Re: Set of Italian reeds for sale on ebay

I bought a complete set of Binci "a mano" reeds in D directly from Claudio Binci a couple of years ago. The price was 118 Euro, or about $150 + shipping of about $50.

I used the D reeds to replace the C reeds in the Martin i bought from Glenn that already had a few broken reeds and was in need of a complete retune.

Regards

/Gunnar

That is the right price ... on those Handmades ( leathered or not )

The listing is an honest price..the shipping is ridiculous.. and total ripoff..

buyer beware.

G:

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!