Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finger fatigue

Take a break!

Re: Re: Finger fatigue

Nah, that ain't it. I need to build the strength. Second go around of any song where I have to do repetitive hammering with those two middle fingers, and the fatigue is right there.

I think the problem is that I'm not on the freeway as much anymore, and so I'm not exercising that middle finger as much.

Re: Re: Re: Finger fatigue

When you drink ya beer, mon negre, squeeze ya can a little harder!!! Boudin works good too for finger exercise

Perhaps you need to do more work that would excersize your hands. Pressing on the tv control while sitting on the sofa drinking beer and watching football does not gualify.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Finger fatigue

My remote is broke, I don't drink alcohol, my couch is so full of junk I can't fit myself much less anything else on it, but I'm carrying a link of boudin in my car now, thanks to the advice I got from the other post.

Re: Finger fatigue

When I'm stuck in traffic I swear a lot and use one special finger
once in a while. This doesn't help my player, however!

Good to hear from you again T-Shack. Augusta this year again?

Gene

Dwight, I do know what you meen.... Now, I was going through some instrument cataloges a long time back... seems I came across FINGER Weights for guitar players (of all things).

I thought it was odd (then).. but after thinking about it, I suppose even guitar players need to build the strength, stretch and dexterity... why not accordion players?

I suppose even fiddlers cramp up and have to work it out in their world.

Anyone else heard of fingers weights?

Dave

Actually fiddlers, particularly this one, have the opposite problem: cramping down when they should be using a light touch.

The little thing I've got has 5 lbs of force, and has 4 buttons next to each other. I really have to not get tendonitis by overdoing it though.

Dang, Nonc, I even went got another cup of coffee before opening your post. I guess even Mark Twain wrote short stories.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Finger fatigue

Yep...We are in an age of miracles, uh... magical stuff... uh... wonderous surprises... uh... short renditions of high level you what, comming from a you know who...

Welp...There ya go Bryan... another cup?...make it black with no cream & no sugar and if too hot, saucer it.

Dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finger fatigue

Community, dark, never cream or sugar, and yep, got a fresh pot and cup, so if in the area stop by.

I"m still paying down bills, Gene. I've probably got two years more before I can afford to head back there. I do miss it though.

I periodically think of your shirt "On the cellular level, I'm really very busy".

How's the playing going? I quit playing for a few months and now I'm at it again.

Dwight

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!