Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I like metal buttons.

I like the metal buttons. I have them on my Bon Cajun key of A accordion. I like the feel, and the look is good too, but the aesthetics are a secondary issue. I wouldn't say that I have a gigantic preference for metal over plastic. For example, the accordion I play the most is my Master Bb which has plastic buttons. I don't feel a huge motivation to go out and get them changed to metal, but it is a thought. However, at the rate I go with some things it will probably never happen, especially now that they are becoming scarce. I would be a shame if a replacement supplier for them could not be found.

Oh, one more thing. A long, long time ago (1990), I was in Quebec and was jamming with some guys. One of them had an Acadian with metal buttons. He let me play his accordion, which was the first time I had a real LA Cajun accordion in my hands (I had only played HA-114s up to that point). Those particular buttons were very different from others I have seen since then in that they were somewhat small in diameter and quite rounded on the top. All the others I have seen since then are much flatter or even slightly concave. I would definitely not want those rounded type of buttons. They were too rounded and felt kinda weird.

-David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!