Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ron or anyone in NL

John,

You can take a look at the agenda on the second link.
Maybe there's something Cajun or Zydeco.

Not much music going on that weekend, i`ve looked on the internet, and there seems to be a pretty good Cajun restaurant in Amsterdam. Not the same as music, but hey, a man`s got to eat

enjoy your weekend

Wilfred

Re: Re: Ron or anyone in NL

Thanks, Guys,

I'll check both of those out. At least the restaurant ought to be be playing Cajun background music. ( If not, I'll be asking why! )

BJ

Lucky you: The Cajun Company does a gig on Monday 25th, in The Hague (25 mins from Amsterdam) in a pub called De Oude Mol, in a small street called Oude Molsteeg. From 10.p.m. It's a small venue, no more than 10 sq. feet and probably packed with cajun fans. It's their last gig before the get to Louisiana, recording their 3rd CD in Dirk Powell's studio. Check it out.

Re: Re: Ron or anyone in NL

Forgot a '0': the venue is 100 sq. ft, still pretty small. Have fun! When in Holland, give one of the band a call to get the details: (015) 2625237.

Re: Re: Re: Ron or anyone in NL

Peter, wouldn't you know it - we'll be home by Monday evening! Isn't it always the way?

Thanks anyway. I should book the next trip around Cajun gigs. Come to think of it, I am doing so - Raamsdonksveer. Well, Zydeco I guess, but I imagine there will be plenty of opportunity for Cajun jamming?

BJ

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!