Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pat's

I missed th PLBs (saw them at the Blue Moon a couple nights earlier).but caught Steve Riley. Really nice show, and Pat's is a great place to see a band and of course, dance. Steve was bombarded with people that wanted to talk to him, so
I didn't approach him. Not sure of the mic he was using, but it went into a belt pack wireless transmitter. Again, not sure what it was, but I don't think it was an AT - didn't look like mine. Did get a chance to get into some fiddle talk with Dave, though.
Pine Leaf Boys at the Blue Moon. Outrageous, even though it was cold enough to store boudin. They brought up some guys visiting from (I believe) Sweden for a couple tunes. Pretty cool.
Steve

Re: Re: Pat's

Hey Steve! I had talked with you about your Dyson box a while back over emails. I was there also, In fact, I thought I caught a shot of you in the crowd but was not sure. My brother-in-law's uncle from Jersey was there too. It sure was a great night. I usually go to that Mardi Gras party there every year. I talked with David a while too, gonna try and set up a little fiddle lesson with him in the next couple of weeks. Glad you could make it, maybe catch you next time you're in town!

Re: Re: Re: Pat's

Pat's is a great place. Does it get that crowded all year? Sorry we couldn't met face to face, but there's always next year. Or sooner, if I can swing another trip.
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pat's

That was a little on the packed side than usual. I've seen several bands there, but it's usually a full house when Mamou Playboys are there. I think last year there were a little more people than that. I love the smoke filters they have in there

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!