Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Email Addresses ~ Yes or No?

I don't have an issue with posters, posers, aliases, etc. It's cool with me, even those who think me, reggae and/or Mr. Frank sux. It's always a matter of opinion. Some of the anonymous posters have added some pretty funny stuff here in the past, i.e., "The Mayor" and "Bu-faw" just to name a couple. I think we all know who the real diatonic junkies are here and no two of us think alike -- nor consume the same genres of music... well, okay there's a couple of us who are on the same page in a bizarre kinda way, but viva la difference! If we all thought alike none of us would learn anything... like the fact that Keith Frank's new CD rocks in more ways than seven, chrome buttons are superior to plastic, "mittered" corners are just cosmetic, varnishing the inside of an accordion to brighten the sound is a myth, using tabs to play Cajun accordion is conspicuously unconventional, and the easiest way to hang an accordion on the wall is to crush it flat with some bricks.

Okay. It's Mardi Gras. Log off, shut down and go get some liquor in ya! We'll reconvene on Thursday.

R!CK

Re: poltroons, or just timid !!!!

I have used the intials RPr on virtually every corporate memo, e-mail, BBS posting, rental car initial box etc. since 1968 when I first entered the work force. It has a long and proud association with me and my career.

But more importantly, it is easier to type than Ronald Prusinski.

Get a life.
RPr

Re: Re: poltroons, or just timid !!!!

Is there a problem?
Sometimes it's nice to recognise the writer either called GRD or RON or BZ or DOLE or Nick or YZ or U2 B17 or Aaron (...?, wich one ). Makes the conversation easier. Can't remember all the IP adresses, you see.

GS (sorry, Gus)

About spam, seldom, I think my provider filters it out.

Hey pal, it ain't your sandbox. If you don't like it, go play in someone elses.

off course buddy, but I wont hide my head in its sand like you, Anonymous Greg in KC .

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: poltroons, or just timid !!!!

Ahh...Ahh...let's play nice boys or we'll have to put you in time out.

Happy Mardi Gras

Eoj Zcapok

Ok Claude,
Easy on us Arkansas boys........he he.... my address has just change due to suddenlink buying out Cox, so all my buddies make the change in your address book, this include you Claude..........later my friend
MarkS

thank you my friend.

You have my email proper .

Claude.

Claude,
Voyons donc!
Besides the spamming issue, some of us Braves who don't display their email might have something to do with other reasons. I happen to be a professional business owner, and I simply don't put my email there because it contains my full name. Not that I have anything to hide, "au contraire", but in today's age, it is normal to expect that your clients or prospective clients are going to Google you one time or another. I feel that where I surf and what I write in public blogs like this one is part of my private life. Having said that, if anyone wants to contact me personally, they can just leave a msg on this blog, I will initiate a contact with my full identify and email address, like I've done with several Braves so far.
So this has nothing to do with being "poltroons or timid". There was my two cent's worth.
Maz

Well chere, I am just Joe Fontenot and the way I work I don't use e-mail. Just one of them things I guess. But sometimes if I can help I like to post because sometimes chere it looks like you'll don't know to much about accordions. Now I don't say that in a bad way it's just that some people believe that an opinion about something is knowledge about that subject.

Mon ami
in the 1940's, the French Police, linked to the Gestapo, made such lists... I disagree with "nosey" practices !
Over here, in France, we respect private life...
On est en République, m.e.r.d.e !

Mon ami
in the 1940's, the French Police, linked to the Gestapo, made such lists... I disagree with "nosey" practices !
Over here, in France, we respect private life...
On est en République

Gerard,

When I posted the list, it was as an answer to an insult directed at me, no more no less.

I didn't like, and still don't like the idea that anonymous posters use this board to do so.

Yourself, Gerard, a while back got practically enraged when this happened to you, you took the whole board to task and even translated from French to English his tirade .

At least you knew your counterpart, I didn't and still don't know.

Since, my list, some anonymous and other listees have emailed me privately,most favourably.

As you know,I'm opinionated on the subject of accordion building since I feel that luthiers traditions should apply to their construction, yes Gerard, I'm as much interested in their history, and as an hitorian of Cajun culture I'm sure we see eye to eye on this.

But voicing an opinion, and hurling insults in it's pursuit is not my style.

But what's good for the Goose.............doesn't seems to apply for you Gerard,I take offense as a Frenchman of "Souche" to your infortunate comparison of me and the "Gestapo" and frankly, Gerard, I could certainly sue you for diffamation of character.

So please be carefull as I consider my options.

BTW, the list doesn't amount to anything as the anonymous posters, remain ,so does your insult.

Respectfully.

Claude.

...Ok...here's the drill...'Claude' posts a message intentionally designed to inflame readers of this valuable space...

Readers respond with rightful indignity, invariably shredding whatever claim Claude was making...

Claude becomes incensed and rationalizes his opinion claiming he's an 'expert' woodworker, psychoanalyst,etc., and knows the 'real' right way to do things...

Claude then attempts to expose those who's opinions he dislikes by playing 'chicken' with their real identities...

...and then he wonders why no one wants him to know who they are...people like Claude, in my opinion, are scary...I, for one, will no longer read posts headlined with his name...

Claude's

Posting has been a humerious deversion but now we can get back to our real love, the accordion.

Happy squeez'ens,
RPr

Please!

Re: Re: Re: poltroons, or just timid !!!!

Thanks Bryan I'm done.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: poltroons, or just timid !!!!

If you'll don't stop arguing I don't know what I will do!! I might drink another beer (#9) now, take that. Moudit coal tar!!!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!