Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a new box

After crossing the Big Bayou from Holland to La, this April I'll attend Balfa Camp in Chicot State Park. I'm planning on buying myself a new D-box, a bit wet tuned, while around in La. I already own a Savoy-C. Before just plunging into Marc's shop, anyone of you might have another idea of other more obscure quality box builders that might be of any interest. I heard of Irving Lejeune, but can't find his address or website. Not easy to find any clear proposals from box builders on the web at all. Or am I missing anything? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: a new box

Emile Waagenaar bought one of Irving Lejeune`s boxes
while he was in Louisiana, maybe he knows where to find him.

Wilfred

Re: Re: a new box

Irving Lejeune "Professional" 4024 Ellis St. Lake Charles, La. 70601 318-436-5716

I don't know if this is a up to date listing for Irvin. Another box out of the lake charles area good in quality at a reasonable price is La Louisianne by Ken Guillory (337)478-5664

If looking for a more well none builder hit up Junior Martin or Randy Falcon.

Re: Re: Re: a new box

Here is where one of those opinions come in as knowledge. AAAAaaaaeeee!! I leave for offshore tomorrow so I gotta get it all out my system. Oh Bye Bye!!

Re: Re: Re: a new box

Good luck returning home with one in hand. They just don't sell 'em off the shelf. ~R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!