Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: sammy naquin?

Mr. Jay,
Bonjour! I always enjoy looking up links involving my brother's name and enjoyed seeing this question of his identity. I am his little sister from the town of Houma, Louisiana (about an hour southwest of NOLA) and this is the town were we and our five brothers and sisters were born and raised. Sammy is in town visiting with the family this weekend and we are actually hoping he will give the area another chance to see that we have recouperated from Katrina and Rita. Please check out my brother's homepage and look for his music on sites like Rhapsody and other sharing sites. If you are ever in our area and would like to look up any playing gigs for Sammy the last name is pronounced "Knock-Can" and that will get you further with the locals than the English pronunciation! Great to see fans of Cajun music and heritage across the nation... "Laissez le bontempts rouler!"

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!