Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
forum recommendation

Does anyone know of any forum that deals with the business of everyday living (gardening, farming night life, etc.) in and around the Lafayette area?
Thanks,
Greg

Re: forum recommendation

No, but you could set one up easily enough on Yahoo Groups.

A few years ago, someone asked the same question about a forum for cajun fiddlers. I started one, and its still a going venture.

Yahoo groups will give you the control to weed out spammers and trolls, and its free, without a bunch of lousy popups.

Re: Re: forum recommendation

Oh, I see, you don't live there. Well, still doesn't stop you from creating one. Just have to advertise it.

Gotta tell you though, localized groups like that, particularly for a locale that is not high tech, will not be well visited, and will likely degrade quickly into people attacking each other, if experience is any indication.

Re: Re: Re: forum recommendation

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a bunch of questions for locals down there but dont think this is the place for.
Thanks again,
Greg

Re: Re: Re: Re: forum recommendation

KATC (neww channel 3 in Lafayette) has a forum, but it doesn't appear to be too active. It sure was active at the time of Rita.

Re: Re: Re: Re: forum recommendation

You can try lou.general, on usenet, but be prepared for the rabble rousers.

Re: forum recommendation

here ya go...prob the best you gonna find...

http://www.acadiana.la/forum/

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!