Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: teefaire

I'd check eBay first -- there's several good used ones available, since new ones run about $375 depending on the builder. But, you've got to consider the key it is tuned in. What key does your son sing in? I'd determine [that] first and then start your bidding process. If you don't win one, come back and I'm certain someone here has a brand new one that is still in the package. Good luck!

Sincerely,

R!CK

Re: Re: teefaire

I think I can make one for $400, including the package.

Re: Re: Re: teefaire

If they are getting $375 for a Teefair ie triangle then I am surely in the wrong business. That pile of old hay rake thongs I have are worth a mint.

Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

man i got a old hay rake but i stll us it i spred chicken poop on the garden with it i dont want to fool with tairing up mine 400dollards sounds mighty high to me-teebooger

Re: Re: teefaire

ok thanks you much man i dont know what key he sangs in haha hell i wont let him have my truck keys i will ask him----teebooger

Re: Re: Re: teefaire

64.12.116.14... Jude if that's you, that's greatness! Ha! R!CK

hey man i dont know a jude my neel name is weldon my old woman tol me not to mgive our last name she read it can be dangerous to let folks know your all name somebady could find out where you stay and knock you in the head i dont thank you would or i dont meen that about you yall seem like fine fine fine folks heer i caint type that well as i only have 2 fangers on my right hand i lost them on a drilling rig 22 years ago i get a check every month as i amn disabaled new at this computrtr thing too yea,i like to truck garden and listin to that station on the radio on the am that one on the fm dial that dude talks too much for me and they play too much of that zydeo for me i like some of it but most of it dont make no sance to me yea i like to old old old stuff hey you heard them boys that plays that savoy and that other one i kant thing of his name or what they call they self but i reeally like them i wish all the yong folks would start playing and going to the old time freanch dance i we used to but no all they want to do is mo meaness and dirt makes me sick i planted irish potato to day 3 100 feet rows of them lawd i hope i can raise a pile of them so i can buy my boy raymond a teefaire or a acordion---teebooger

I thought I caught a SE tx accent in there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

i dont thank they would like no sex talk on heer no but i will tell you i aint gonna give you no 400 dollars for a teefair dont you think that is a high?prise?i do not have that kind of money man lawd where you from dont knoe body have that kind of money down heer i caint stay on heer long because we are at my womens mommas house in lafaytte she is in the med center they think they might have to take her left feet off suger problems plees say a prayer for her --teebooger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

Kay, how bout a 6 pack? I'm negotiable.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

Are you serious that a T-fer is going for 375$? What haappened to the price? By the way I thought it was spelled "T-fer" as in (pe)tit fer (little iron).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

Well, its either $375 or a 6 pack of cold ones, I'd do it for either one. And of course thats serious, dont you think Tee Booger was serious?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

Bryan, seriously,
I prefer the plastic ones from china. They are much cheaper.
Second comes Larry Miller, third Eric Martin, but that's european steel.
Silver ones are usually in the key of A. But they are really expensive. Better get them from Pakistan. Much cheaper.....
Why not use spoons, like the Irish?

Gus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

Can the European ones be tuned Cajun?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

Bryan, My Eric Martin p'tit fer was cajun tuned, indeed. I got a certificate. I asked the master himself which one sounded the best with a C accordion. We tried it out. Unfortunately my first cajun accordion turned out to be in D. So I sold it on ebay for 250 dollar to somebody from Texas who lost his one in a bar in Mexico. I didn't realise that the price is so high at the moment. I should have kept it for a while. But that's ebay. Makes every second hand thing more expensive than the new ones.
But I know someone in Italy who might have some in stock
Hope he doesn´t read the current prices.

Gus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

I had no idea they sold them tuned...

the man who sold me mine suplied a grinder so i could do some home tuning....

now i`ve got a realy `tit fer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: teefaire

If you're going to tune it yourself, a strobe tuner will only go so far. Gotta have the ear, or so I'm told!
Steve

Tit-Fer

Who said $400?? Are you nuts?
I bought one from Larry Miller for $25 last year...
We're talking about the still triangle right???
Petit fer = 'Tit-Fer.
Maz

Re: Tit-Fer

Uh, it was just a little joke. And yes, I been accused of being a little nuts, but I'm mostly better now.

Re: Tit-Fer

Yea that is way way way too high for a teefaire is larry miller stiill alive man i aint seen or heard from him in a lone time is he still teeching school larry is a good old booger in my book dont knowbody butter start runnin him down he is a good man yea i think that one dude was trying to hoodoo me yea hell i aint never give that kind of money on scrap iorn i gus some folks think every body is a cooyon not me hope it dont rain tommarro i got to get my onions out my womans momma is still in the med center her letf feet is swalled up bad suger prob i told her to stop eatin all dem tee debby cakes but she dont pay me know mind boy i heard a good song on that am dile today talking about he caint rooster like he usta i tole my woman i feel like that sometimes after i been drankin haaaha who was them colored boys who sang that i would like to buy that record if yall know let me know teebooger

Re: Re: Tit-Fer

Tee,
you need to fire up that acetyline gas bottle welder torch out in the shed and bend up your own dang tee-fer outa some scrap sucker rod. Keep heatin' it red hot, wack it into shape with a big ballpeen hammer and then cool it in the water trough. Might have to run down to the church (if they got a piano it helps) a few times to wack it and play middle C on the piano. Ask the piana player at church where that is. You'll hit it in tune eventually. If no church close by, don't sweat it. It'll still be loud. Then your boy can have a genuine Cajun hand-made triangle for free.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Tit-Fer

Sound like you got good sance but that sucker rod wont work no you need somw sprang steel that aint no easy job to bend caues it gives a man might bust it beatin on it you know what i am cookin i cut me some mustard greens out of the garden and got a big pot with some smoked pig talles lawd you talk about some good eatin cook me a pan if cornbread that and butter milk i am gona have myself a fest tonight my woman is with her momma at the med center so man i can eat all this myself i am listing to that am dial shore is nice man yall some reel good folks on heer i wish everybode was that way but too many want to do dirt i will get my check tomarro and i am gonna pass by chasant bro and get me some mor ploe bean seed me and raymond my boy is gone to sell at the farmers market this year ok my birfday is tommaro i will be 72 if tha lord lets me live till tommarro i wish i knew them colerd boys that sang that song caint roosta like i useta caint get that out of my head haa yall take care lash pa lot pate---teebooger

Re: Re: Tit-Fer

I hear Zydeco Joe and also Leroy Thomas doing that song. "Can't rooser like I useter"

Re: Re: Re: Tit-Fer

...at leest he spills "booger" correktly. I like Tee-booger. R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!