Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And I quote......

Last year,I acquired a Baffetti GLII,4 reeds, black, very cool,red bellows, very masculine , big machine , probably one too many reeds Dwight, but so versatile.
Heavy, nah!,I play seated anyway, don't feel the weight at all.
Anyways, I'm learning some Zydeco, through, Coret Ledet instructional triple row DVD,and I've concentrated learning some of Roy Carier&the Night Rockers, Blues numbers like the ones on the " Offshore Blues&Zydeco" disc, and I can say that I have put my inimitable "stamp" on them .
But for me having so many different sounds trough the different switches use, offers far more possibilities as I grew up lessening to french tunes( France), and the tunes of your upbringing area never leaves your mind.
Anyways, the box is GCF tuned, witch most of Carrier tunes are, it's also dry tuned, as I'm not too fond of the factory tremolo offering.
I'm quite advanced on crossing over the 3 rows and it's a fascinating instrument to learn how to play.

Also knowing how to play competently a one row has helped me making the transition to a 3 rows.

'Nuff said.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And I quote......

The only smidgling I have of playing cross-row on my GC is the Irish tune "The Butterfly", and then only the beginning, which I love. I'm going to do some close listening to Ambrose Sam and try to get some of his stuff.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And I quote......

Last year i tried to get some of Ambrose music, could find only one tune: Old Time Zydeco, I think.

What's your source?.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And I quote......

an album I bought, and then digitized.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And I quote......

And?, you've got me practically drooling , what's the album's name?.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And I quote......

Something like Zydeco: Volume 1.

I think it had one side with Ambrose Sam, the other side with Keith Frank's father and uncle.

Re: Re: And I quote......

Thanks for putting me straight there, Claude. I did actually know that - I was just being whimsical.

BJ

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!