Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sample Page of Samples

Actually, I sent them an email yesterday asking if they had plans for digital download. I pointed out that it's a great way to keep things from ever going out of print, or having to store boxes of CDs in a warehouse. I'm anxious to see what they have to say.
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sample Page of Samples

Me too, it has bugged me for a long time that so much great old music is hidden away with no access to it. I understand there is maybe not enough market to put out cd's, but if it is all digitized, it doesnt seem to this uneducated mind like a bad idea to make by the song purchasing an option with little clips like Neal has. The precedent is already set by several sources and it seems to be successful.

I think I'll send them a note also.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sample Page of Samples

Neal, I apologize for the ambiguity. I meant would it be possible for you to include some of the full length Touchet songs on the http://npmusic.org/artists.html site,
Thanks, JB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sample Page of Samples

Sorry, JB. The record company will not allow me since it is for sale.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sample Page of Samples

Thanks, Neal
I figured if it could be added, you would have included it. You always wonder, who do the royalties go to if there are no more heirs?
JB

Re: Sample Page of Samples

Thanks JB. I guess it goes by contract and by law. If the artist dies, royalties go to the heirs, and if there are no heirs, then there are no royalties to be paid. I guess that's why the music of long ago sells for today's prices, hein?

Re: Sample Page of Samples

Good stuff!
Hack a moreau and Two Step Ambrose are mixed up, by the way, so when clicking H-a-M, TS-Ambrose is heard. Well done though, thanks.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!