Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
It's not just USPS.

The horror stories I know were more with FedEx than with USPS.

The most outrageous example was when a friend had sold a guitar amp, and shipped it double boxed. The inner box was the original box from the manufacturer. When it got to the person he sent it to, there was a huge hole right through the boxes and the speaker itself. Someone at FedEx had obviously driven a forklift right through the amp! FedEx actually had the gall to suggest that they were not responsible because the item had not been packaged properly! I guess you are supposed to use a titanium container? He raised a big stink and they eventually paid up, but not without a lot of foot dragging and hassles.

-David

Correction, it was UPS not FedEx

My friend's incident occurred with UPS, not FedEx. Also, it turns out that they were sticking to their guns not to pay, even though a forklift had been run clear through the box. The reason he finally collected was not that the item was damaged. He had the guy who bought ship it back, and it got lost in the return trip. So, he got paid not because of their negligence in destroying the amp, but because of their negligence in losing it.

Amazing.

Do you ever wonder how these people with this "insurance adjuster" mentality live with themselves after finding every imaginable way of wriggling out of their responsibilities?

-David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!