Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looks like its goinna rain

glad we gettin some rian today wee shore do need it i me and momma went to baten rouge to the va for to cee my doctor man are them people lazzy there we set thare all day i finaly got up and showed out a little bet and got to see my doctor i got a new cassesst tape at a truck stop momma had too stop too pee it is called fiddalin franchy burks it cost 1 dorrar and 25 sents i got to go get some batteys for my tape players i will let yall no how good it is i bet it is good well i got to go to atlas feed storee in breaux bridge tooday i got to get me somes layin pelletts for mommas hens for them to start layinn---teebooger

Re: looks like its goinna rain

Tee-Bouge

I bought that Franchy Burke tape at the Western Auto in Oberlin about 22 years ago. But I paid $6.00.

Good luck with those hens. My dog just killed another rabbit yesterday. My wife called me at work because the dog was skinning it alive. I'll have to have a little talk with her on what to do first, second and so on. Glad she can catch them- it keeps me from shooting my gun in the neighborhood.

Re: Re: looks like its goinna rain

How'd you train the dog to skin a rabbit? Does it skin squirrels too? Can it play the tit fer?

Re: Re: Re: looks like its goinna rain

She's just naturally gifted. I'll make her practice skinning sgurrils for May.

Re: Re: Re: Re: looks like its goinna rain

"Fiddlin" Frenchy Burke lives here in San Antone. He can play the fiddle standin' on his head, behind his back, etc. At family gigs, he lets kids hold the bow while he moves the fiddle, or vice-versa, and out comes "chicken in the bread pan, kickin'out dough'. He had a dog called "Beau-Bow" that he tried to teach to play the fiddle, but the dog ran off. Frenchy's wife was sick for a while, I think. Hope she is better now. Too much rain is not good for either dogs or fiddles. It might dry up here by the weekend. I got to rake liveoak leaves.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: looks like its goinna rain

Just blow the leaves to the neighbors house.

Can he really stand on his head?

Sorry.

Re: Re: Re: Re: looks like its goinna rain

Make sure she can get all the hair off, if she cant, just get rid of her.

Never really seen Frenchy play standin' on his head, but my neighbor's cousin's brother-in-law, the one who was there at the VA hospital for a spell, said trhat he saw it happen.
JB

The wife or the dog?
JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!