Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: yup

Couldn't have said it better, Steve! Now then... since I've taken up deer hunting, I'm thinkin' I need a camo painted box with 20 gauge shell casings instead of stop knobs, with an extra reed bank that is strictly a duck call (just in case the deer ain't bitin'). Guess I still have a lil' Ted Nugent in my soul after all these years!

Glad I got that off my chest! Ha!

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: yup

I think mine already has the duck call on it, or is it a moose call.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yup

Moose call? Then leave it alone. One shot = freezer full ah meat... not to mention da hatrack on dat wall.

Keep it.

R!CK

Re: I'm desperately looking for a 'Feminine' looking Cajun Accordion?

A massive 'Thank You' to ALL who took the time,
to help answer, my very valid and sincere question.

It's good to see that MOST of you guys,
have a wonderful sense of humor.

Kindest Regards, Lucy.

Re: I'm desperately looking for a 'Feminine' looking Cajun Accordion?

That's a pretty cool idea! I know my dad made a scaled-down version of his "Acadian" for my mom (Chere Bassette that she is). You might contact him about doing one for you, although I don't know if he made any for anyone but her. As for the color, you could get Purple Heart (mine is made from this--it's a deep fushia or purple color, naturally, that changes gradually over time to a really rich, deep bluish-red), but if you want something wilder, maybe you'd go for Curly Maple with a rose stain? Yellow bellows would bring it out, and I'm sure you could find some custom inlay. (A dream of mine is to start designing inlay for my dad once I'm home to really make his beautiful accordions even MORE unique) I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be up for putting rhinestones on it, but you can get pearl buttons, abalone inlay in the stops, and you can always add your own flower decals and rhinestones. (But might I suggest a really cool rhinestone strap for it? And you could decoupage the case, if you got a wooden one...Have you seen my guitar case?)

Hope this helps!!! Again, REALLY cool idea!

Cheers,
Sarah

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!