Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diatonic Accordion Fest in Memramcook, New Brunswick, June 1-3

Alright, here's an exciting news: This coming June 1-3, there will be a first edition of a diatonic accordion festival in Memramcook, New Brunswick (Canada). Memramcook is located approximately 1/2 hour east of Moncton (South East of NB). For the history junkies like me, Memramcook is one of the oldest Acadian communities in North America. It was founded by expelled Acadian families during the deportation of 1755-63. It is located in the mouth of a valley, overlooking Petitcodiac river.

Over the past years, there's been a Blue Grass fest going on every year, attracting several thousands of people. This year, the organizers decided to add on an "accordion" component the week before. I spoke with the organizer yesterday. The are inviting ALL diatonic players from everywhere. This will be very informal, and very much like a big jam session. So far, about 80 players have confirmed. Most of them from Quebec and New Brunswick. I know this is very far for most of you Braves participants, but if you have the time & resources, this event will be a great time (it's happening adjacent to a big camp ground), and there will tons of good partying and informal jamming sessions. For the Cajuns, it will be a great opportunity to meet many of your cousins from the North!
MAz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!