Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I pulled my accordion apart today

I was trying to demonstrate Ossun Two Step to someone at work, and the bellows came separated from the frame.

It had been making a funny sound for a while, like flatulence escaping from somewhere besides the reeds. I now summise that there was an unglued area on the bellows frame, and it finally gave way.

Luckily, this is my $20 First Act accordion. Now I will be able to take this bellows, and connect it to the bellows of another toy accordion, and not run out of air so easily.

Re: I pulled my accordion apart today

I find the First Act a lot of fun to practice on though I rarely use the bass side because there is not enough air.

It is easy to pick up during a TV commercal and it is not so loud as to annoy my wife. Still it is a "toy" of limited durability.

Have fun.

Re: I pulled my accordion apart today

Didn't you sell these "things" for about 25 bucks, along with T shirts, at one time? .

Perhaps you were demonstrating to your colleagues at work the best way to physically dismantle a "Kannukk" from north of the border .

Easy, boy.

Krazy.K.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!