Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Goldman Thibodeaux and Calvin Carriere

Any wonder why I enjoy his aquaintence?
Rob is right ... the stories (and the music also)... But it is through those stories, that are a part of a legasy that is seemingling slipping away with the diminishing number of elder musicians. If anyone knows me at all, you also know that a big part of my needs, are to reflect and commit to those memories and pass what I can on to others for some sorta growth (hopefully the good parts and some of the unusual cuss words ). I call it the "porch yapping", the sit down talks that takes you to another place and time for what was, and, what is. What I have learned from Mr. Goldman can't be measured... and ya can't put a price tag on it, cause it is way better than silver or gold in my estimation.

Now here is the controversay of the day:

You can take all the Dirks, all the Jesse's, all the Steve's, all the Daigelites's and they are good, fine I will tell ya that, who can deny it(?)! I have studied from them each, and have grabbed a bit here and there now and then from what they appeared to offer.

But Folks, for the likes of me, all I need is a little time with Goldman, and I walk away with smile and a drive to get matters right, all things accordion ..and life. That is a fact! It is a resurection of musical spirit, for what I'm talkin about!

That my friends is my idea of a fine teacher, a dandy motivator and a first class ambassidor and human. God bless Mr. Goldman and Ms. T. , I adore those folks beyond what I can put into words.

A treasure ? Indeed!

Nonc D

Re: Re: Re: Goldman Thibodeaux and Calvin Carriere

More of the above, but I have to weigh in on this...Goldman is the real deal, in every way. When he plays "Goldman's Hard Times" it's as much story as song. Regardless of what he plays, it comes from the heart, every time. Stories? Ask him about when he got his first accordion, or about getting up way before dawn to ride the bus to work in Lafayette, or...but you get the idea. Go to Jazz Fest and support him, and take the time to say "Thank You."

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!