Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

Thinking about it after I posted, I thought bec must be beak, but I thought it would turn out to be a pelican, being the state bird.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

Nope, thats called a pelican, but it does have a gros bec.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

Gros bec's are real good eatin. But if you get caught killing one it will only cost you $500 a piece in fines and then there are those court cost. So 3 gros bec's equal one cajun accordion as I see it. Maybe I'll just have chicken.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gros Bec

In english it's called a yellow crowned night heron, but it does have un gros bec.

Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

Gros Bec accordions are built by a man named "Flip" Siragusa. I met him a few years back. Yes, he is a federal game warden, and a good accordion builder and player.

Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

The show was good. No dancing so all you can do is sit there. Mitch Reed is on Bass and does some twin fiddling with Michael Doucet. And Jimmy Breaux is just such a fine player that it is always worth it just to watch him. I think they are at Wolf Trap tonight and then back up to Pa. in Sellersville on Thurs.

Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

I had the chance to try one at Mitch's place a couple years back and I really liked it.

Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

My recollection is that Mitch's wife said they are made in Metairie.

Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

Had to read that twice, Toby - didn't know if you meant the box or the bird!!

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breux's Accordions

ooops! Yeah I meant the accordion! I dont think Mitch would serve up that! I thought they were built not far from Mitchs place though.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!