Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Wha' Happen?

Friend, I don't know what happened, but I hope you reconsider and stick around. You make interesting posts, in my memory. Folks can sometimes get out of hand on Internet boards sometimes. Take it with a grain of salt -- and depend on your good reputation.

Re: So Long Braves!.

Could be wrong here, but the way I read it, was asking Miss Lucy if she's 'doing anytrhing' with the info. Let cooler heads prevail - and this is from aq guy who lives in New Jersey!!
Steve

Claude, I hope that you will reconsider and continue to be an active member of this forum. While I have not always agreed with your opinions, I feel that your input has been valuable.

Claude: you find these nuts everywhere and it seems that going through life you just can't avoid them. I had an agent in Quebec selling my accordions and as mentioned before used to go at least twice a year at a minimum. I had developed some good friendships with the Canadians. I would suggest that at this time many braves enjoyed your input so, don't let the numb sculls win. Stick around with the rest of us.

Claude, stick around. You add a lot to this forum.

Chad, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Re: Re: So Long Braves!.

I make it 7-1 so far in favour of Claude. 8-1 including me.
That looks as good a wupping as any, from where I sit.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: So Long Braves!.

Look, Claude revels in getting people's goat. Someone pops back at him and he pouts and says "I'm going to take my ball and go home." Then everyone comes out with the sympathy. Give em a break. You give, and you get back once in a while.

Chad has just as much right to put it out front there as Claude does to come on a list that is all about Louisiana accordions and continually denigrate Louisiana accordion builders and whatever else he pokes at.

Now, where's that smiley face that looks like a target?

Dwight

Oh geez...the sandbox is big enough for everyone

All:

A new poster stops by and plays in the box and we all served them a full portion of cold shoulder.

We then clumsily try to cover and apologize... ending up trying to decide which of us is welcome to stay and which should go?

Everyone taking sides should take a deep breath and let it go slowly... give this up to the universe.

Lest you think I am one those 'why can't we all just get along' whiners, my opinion is we have tolerated gentle ribbing that sometimes becomes derisive without saying 'enough' , much to frequently. But for those of us with stones in our hands, I say everone put them back on the ground and go home for awhile. Come back when you have played on your box a while, then we'll try play together in this box.

God's peace be with you,
Griff

Re: Oh geez...the sandbox is big enough for everyone

Hey, no fair, I just saw some other guy bury something in the sandbox!

Re: Re: Oh geez...the sandbox is big enough for everyone

Was'nt a guy ... it was my two cats.... they must be eating well and taking care of bidness.

While I'm here Dwight, and, while you are there... I think Claude is a geezer... Shucks man, I am a geezer my own self. Sometimes pups take geezer yap far beyond the nine yards and rebound in the likeness of fighting **** talking kicking some U know what. Silly boys, such tricks are for kids.

Suppose:
If all the geezers were to bug out, you pups would still snarl and fuss (till/if ya live to be a geezer.. if ya live that long). Shucks ya might even look each other up and start shooting or some such thing... then you'd wind up somebody name Harrold's wife, playing accordion from within the walls of some lonesome institution somewhere. How could that be any fun?? Geezers got geezer rights, cranky and proud of it.
AARP tells me so... it must be so. Hail to AARP!

Anyhow Dwight... Yahoo juke box (for some mp3 downloads per Linda)... chow

Dave Mason

Re: Re: Re: Oh geez...the sandbox is big enough for everyone

I'm eligible for AARP. I guess I'm a geezette.

Thanks for the download tip.

Re: Oh geez...the sandbox is big enough for everyone

bien dit, neg!

Re: Re: Re: Re: So Long Braves!.

I agree with Dwight. Give it and take it. If you wanna leave, so be it. I like my unmitered corners, anyway.

Joey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So Long Braves!.

Exactly. I can make a butt out of myself because dis here is a butt joint.

Jeeeez!!!

I pick Dwight and Joey's corner. Thick skin is in, tender feelings and mud slinging is out, we should leave that to the politicians. I am so sick of the sensitivity movement in America, it right up there with the black mold scams. When I retire I am going to start a desensitivity business. Makes sense to desensitize will be my slogan.

Re: Jeeeez!!!

A tshirt I've often thought of making:

"I'm, like, sensitive and sh*t"

Re: Re: Jeeeez!!!

hahahhahah, I love it. I'm sensitive, but I still resent having to listen to the little spanish messages when I call businesses. How come they ain't got some little cajun man saying "Si ti veux parler avec Boudreaux ou Thibodeaux, dit oui a la beep"

Re: Re: Re: Jeeeez!!!

HAH! I LOVE it! Going to pass that suggestion on to Paul Marx at KBON!

Hey, maybe we should start a movement. Affirmative action Cadien.

Re: Re: Jeeeez!!!

Right on fellaz! I love you guys! Bryan, if ya need a partner for your business, holla back! R!CK (~T!)

Yeah, we'll work out the details over brew and squeezes if we ever get our schedules together. We can take turn knocking each others chip off.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeeeez!!!

LOL.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeeeez!!!

We can even have a promotional game that cries out "you knocked my chip off!!" when someone wins. Dwight, you could be our west coast rep., might require some traveling business jams to work out details.

don't be silly, stay!

claude, you are punishing yourself the most with leaving.

Gus

boy i shore know what you meen they was severial fokls talkin dirt about me but i dont pay them no mind i got eway way way molre braines than them dont let them drunmk dope smokin trash run you off--teebooger

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!