Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reliable MP3 Download site?

I subscribed to emusic.. but found myself sifting through selections which were classic "cut-outs"... the stuff that never sold and which was sale bin material.

Subscriptions are renewed automatically.. so you will see on your credit card statement they have taken the initiative ( without warning you ) to renew your subscription.

Once that happened I dropped them immediately ( even with over 50 songs to my credit ). I got partial refund.

Never again.

Glenn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reliable MP3 Download site?

You are right about the automatic charge deal. I kind of expected it because of the 50 free songs, but it is a little shifty.

But the "cut off" selection is not the case anymore. I like to buy the cd as opposed to by the song to have the jacket liner. But I found a lot on here I really wanted and either cant find the cd, or dont want the whole cd.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reliable MP3 Download site?

Yeah, I remember the Columbia House free CDs. It's never really "free". It would sure make sense if Floydsrecordshop.com or Louisianamusicfactory.com would decide to sell mp3 downloads of individual tunes -- or full length releases rather than only offering CDs via snail mail.

But, there's just something about the smell of offset printing, the feel of a CD wrapped around your pinkie, and the jewel case that is missing a hinge that just makes ya feel warm and fuzzy.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reliable MP3 Download site?

I believe at least La Louisianne has mp3's available, but not through them. You might ask them who they are contracting through. I had this discussion with the owner before when they were ragging on Neal.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!