Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Where are you from Blue Norther Steve?

You seem to be in the NY area? Whare are you from originally?

Re: Where are you from Blue Norther Steve?

Hey Maz - I'm one of those people who is from nowhere and everywhere. My paternal grandfather was born in Trois Riviers, Quebec, but I never knew the man. My own father joined the U.S. Air Force, so as kid my path went like this: Florida > Germany > California > Massachusetts > Alabama > Nebraska > Virginia and then off to college in Ithaca, New York (my mom's home town), with some oscillations back and forth to Fort Worth and Austin Texas in the late 1970's, ultimately to land in what we call the "Central Leatherstocking Region" of Upstate New York dairy cow country.

I have been to Nova Scotia twice to the Celtic Colours festival in 2000 and 2003. We spent a night in Halifax (near you, if I recall?) on the first trip, and look forward to the next time.
S'b'B

Re: One of our finest newer generation box player in Quebec

Vent du Nord was featured at the 2006 Acordion Festival here in San Antonio. Benoit was dancing up a storm in 95 degree heat; didn't stop him. Also, the band had a Hurdy-Gurdy player as well.
Got a kick out of Mme. Alexine playing the squeeze at 100. Where there is a will there is a way.
JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!