Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Updates on Sarah Savoy in France?

That accordion player could stand to learn a few octaves.

Re: Updates on Sarah Savoy in France?

Hi, Maz

Thanks for your interest in what I'm doing with the Francadians. It's a really new thing--we just had our first tour in February (10 days) and I just spent a weekend there. I'll be there again in the middle of May, and we hope to record in June.

I've always enjoyed playing music on the side, but I enjoy the stability a regular job gives me, much like my dad does. Right now I'm finishing up my exploration of Russia, which was a dream of mine since I was a child, and I plan to move back to Louisiana in December, hopefully with my Russian fiance in tow. Once there I'll probably go back to playing with the Magnolia Sisters and the Savoy Family Band when I have time, but preferably getting my own gig going there, too.

If you get a chance to come see us in Paris, please do, and introduce yourself! (Or do I already know you?) Until then, we'll have a website up soon, which will have some more music on it, and don't miss the footage of some of the gigs from our first tour that we've got under "Videos" on our MySpace page!

Cheers,
Sarah Savoy

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!